“Very pleasant experience - highly recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Keller, Texas, United States
“Very pleasant experience - highly recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Clean room, very friendly staff. First time at this location, extremely pleased. We weren't there for Sturgis bike rally but were impressed with special events planned for the bikers. Front desk staff made us feel welcome. Shower pressure quite strong. So much better than little water pressure you sometimes get at other hotels. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Deb S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Thank you for your comments and we were your choice during the Sturgis Rally. We do have a friendly staff and they will go out of their way to satisfy.

We hope to see you for the 75th Rally,

Chris Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a great trip to the western side of South Dakota. Our trip was wonderful except for our 5 day stay at the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. This hotel seems to be more geared to having conventions than a family atmosphere. When we arrived very late in the day after a long drive from Denver, we didn't feel like looking for a restaurant in Rapid City, so we decided to eat in the hotel. I was disappointed in the choices of food on the menu and the prices were quite high for what we ordered. That was the last time we ate there. When we got to our room, my husband noticed a strong odor on entering. We realized that the tub was not draining quickly. My husband complained and asked if someone could come up and fix it. Someone finally showed up the next morning while we were trying to get ready, so we asked if he could return in about an hour after we left. No one ever showed up. Never again a Holiday Inn!!!!!

Room Tip: If you're travelling with a family, choose another hotel.
Green Features: None that I could see. Not very environmentally friendly.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zmanNewJersey
Dear zmanNewJersey,

I apologize for the issues during your stay. It sounds like we did not respond to your needs as quickly as we should have. I will share your review the managers so we can improve on speed to the room to process request. Please don’t let our performance sway you away from the Holiday Inn Brand. It is a great hotel brand and doesn’t deserve to be penalized do to our performance.

We are a family hotel, we are pet friendly but we do have conferences as well. We try our best to make the atmosphere comfortable to all of our guests.

To add a note about the Green Features, we have recycling zones in the public areas, we provide LED lighting, we have moved from paper towels in our public restrooms to air dryers and our guest rooms offers a towel and bedding option to not have your linen cleaned every day. We are environmentally friendly in area that we can be.

Chittenden, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Came here for my honeymoon at Sturgis bike rally, and wanted to see some of the sights. The front desk staff are AMAZINGLY accomodating. The cafe in the lobby has the best lattes I've ever had - we had coffee there first even before we went for breakfast anywhere. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel was friendly and helpful - we had door issues (our door lock didn't work and had to be replaced) and at 1am they were doing everything they could to make sure we could get some sleep. :)

My only complaint - and it should not detract from the hotel - is that the housekeeping staff leaves a lot to be desired. They told me that they had just had some turn over with the summer holiday, and while I had to ask for towels and shampoo, everyone was very very very friendly including the housekeeping manager.

I would definitely stay here again - the bacon at the breakfast buffett is PERFECT. If that's not a reason to stay here, I don't know what is!!

Bike rally folks: there is no real "motorcycle" parking - they dont block off any areas just for bikes so you may have to park in the open air, uncovered, between cars. But they let you park your trailer there for the bike rally if youre stayin g there, so its 6 of one, half dozen of the other :)

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a much better view, although the rooms in the "middle" are FAR from the...
Dear Meg B,

Thank you for submitting your review. I am glad you had a great stay during Sturgis and enjoyed breakfast. We do have really good lattes in the Café.
I apologize for the housekeeping struggles during your stay. We have improved on the issue at hand and I think the next guest will appreciate the service we offer.

I hope to see you during the 75th Rally,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Clean room, nice pool, great breakfast buffet. Kids eat free with your stay, and that is all kids per one adult. Professional staff. Very pleasant stay. We got our hotel through expedia and saved big.

Room Tip: Look on expedia for deals. We got this room for 168 per night.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Dear Cindy O,

Thank you for your review. I am glad the kids had a good time and was fed well too. Holiday Inn does offer kids eat free with adults and I’m glad you enjoyed that feature. Pool area is great for kids and the patio is great for us big kids when we get water logged. I am glad that Expedia partner was able to save you some dollars!!!

Come back soon,

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stay at this Holiday Inn for 5 nights during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally every year. The staff is very helpful and friendly to us bikers who are there. The rooms are very nice and modern. We have no complaints and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We always choose a suite that has a separate living room area with a sofa bed.
Green Features: The hotel uses Eco-friendly cups and I believe use Eco-friendly detergent .
Dear Deb B,

Thank you for your loyalty and your review. Sturgis Rally Week is busy and we love to see our returning friends. We have completed our room renovations in June and the rooms are really fresh. We do have many green programs: such as recycling in public area, towel program so we don’t wash them every day unless you request, moving to LED lighting, not complete yet and we have moved from paper towels in the public restrooms to air dryers.

Thank you for staying with us, see you at the 75th Rally,

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I visited Rapid City on a Solo get away vacation in August of 2013. This hotel was part of my Priceline package. The hotel staff was very friendly. The lady who checked me in found out I was leisure traveling and made some good suggestions on things to do while I was in town. She even saw me on my second night there and asked me how things were going. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I ate breakfast there one day and was pleased with the food quality as well. I would for sure stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
      Rooms
Dear ARSteph,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am glad you like our hotel and our staff. We have a great culinary team and the food is very good.

Come back soon when you have more time to enjoy the area,