“Check it out!”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Check it out!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Easy check in, friendly and helpful staff, open and attractive atrium, and newly updated rooms. While the rooms have been updated I understand the common areas will be next but not to worry it is still very nice and very clean. The pool was wonderful and the hotel overall is nice. We choose to stay here every time we travel for business because it is comfortable and because of it location to downtown shops and restaurants. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear KimN65,

Thank you for your review and your comments. We are excited about the newly renovated rooms and the next phase of the renovation. We have some big plans in the future.
Thank you for staying with us when you are in Rapid City,

Chris Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Colorado
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel with an open atrium style lobby. They have a restaurant and bar; both good but I thought the bar prices were a little high. The location of this hotel is nice if you are looking for food and bars. It is close to the downtown area where there are bars and shops. Howerver; it is a little quiet during the week. This hotel is also right next to the event center in Rapid CIty.

The rooms are nice, large and appear to be recently renovated. There is plenty of parking but it appears to share a parking lot the event center. I would stay here again if I needed to be in Rapid City.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor level room if you do not want to wait for the elevators.
Dear Martin_from_Colorado,

Thank you for your feedback and review. Our location is pretty awesome. We are walking distance from downtown or a 5 minute shuttle ride. Downtown has some really great shops and many eateries.

Come back soon and travel safe,

Pierre
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was very pleased with the room. I felt the staff and personal were very nice. I was pleased with the room and common area. I did not use the pool or other facilities. I felt it was very clean and quiet and located in a great area. The stay was great.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, It seems the middle of the hotel is the best for reception and the rooms ar...
Green Features: I felt they were average I didn't see anything that is not in other hotels. pretty much standard
Dear Judith W,

Thank you for your review and taking the time out of your busy schedule. Our hotel is clean and comfortable. Our staff is what sets us apart. They genuinely care and will go out of their way for you.

Please come back to see us soon,

Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 29 August 2014

While this property has some good points; the public areas look very nice and our room was large and comfortable, I found several things that kept us from having an experience that met our expectations.
The design of rooms facing an open atrium, while esthetically pleasing is very dated and not very conducive to a quiet environment in the atrium or in the rooms. This property had no sound abatement features in the atrium as I have seen used at other properties of this design. Even though the room we had (804) was large and comfortable, it was showing its age and we encountered little annoyances such as the door had to be slammed to get it to close properly (which I am sure our neighbors appreciated).
The real aggravation for me was that their complimentary WiFi did not have a very strong signal in our room nor did it have the bandwidth to support the number of people that were trying to use it. I heard a few other guests complaining about the WiFi also. To get around this I went to the Business Center to use the computers there and I was shocked to find that they were both running XP - an unsecure and unsupported operating system with outdated Internet Explorer browsers - this is inexcusable.
I also have an issue with their reservation and pricing policies. I booked early and used their 'Book early and Save' rate on the website. I booked 10 weeks in advance with full knowledge that my credit card would be charged and the reservation couldn't be changed, however, I had the expectation that this would 'save' me money. However, 2 weeks prior to our arrival date I was checking some info on their website and found that the rate for the same type room was $10 less. What did I save by giving them my money early? This probably isn't unique to this property so I would caution those who might think they could save anything by booking early at any IHG property. Also another reservation issue is that when you call the hotel and ask for reservations, it appears that they transfer you to the national call center and any specific requests regarding your stay may not get properly communicated back to the property.

While the location of the hotel is good and the staff is friendly I would advise looking elsewhere in Rapid City.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Goleta,

I apologize that we did fell short of your expectations. Thank you for letting us know about the door and Wi-Fi. I will have engineering and IT department correct the issues so the next guest won’t have the same experience. We are in the process of updating our business center with our 2nd phase of our renovation. We will have more current equipment and nicer business center. I reference to the “Book Early and Save”, you should save. If you will contact me I will make it right with you. Please call me at my office 605-399-7021. We do use a Central Reservation office. This technique allows the front desk staff to focus on the guest standing in front of them. I apologize that Central didn’t get your property request correct in the reservation.

I am sorry that you can refer us to Fellow Trip Advisor Readers, but I would ask the readers to look at our feedback from other guest. The reviews are very good except for an isolated issue from time to time. If we have an issue we want to make it right with you.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great place to stay, very clean, quiet and located in an easy to get to area. Close to everything, downtown, dinning interesting places. Right across the street from the main downtown park.

Holiday Inn has the Convention Center, I didn't attend but it is convenient.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view, tallest building in town
Dear Sandmfly,

Thank you for your review. Our location is really great. We are close to the downtown and to all of the area attractions. You can just walk across the parking lot and you are at the park.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back soon,

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel's lobby and restaurant look very nice, however once I got into my room I was not as impressed. I expected a little more after seeing the lobby and hearing good reviews. I'm not sure it's worth the value.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear travel362,

I apologize that we fell short on your expectations. Our rooms had completed a renovation in June. Our lobby and restaurant are very nice and we provide good service. I am sorry that you did not perceive your stay as a value.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, if you are back in Rapid City I am asking you to give us another try,

Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just stayed for one night on our way to Montana. Service at the front desk was great !! Room was excellent !! We stayed here the week before Sturgis so, very busy. Quick walk to downtown. Excellent downtown area with lots of great places to eat and drink. Next time I am in the area will stay here again !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Troy F,

Thank you for your review. We do have a great downtown! There are so much to do and it is a short walk. If the weather is bad or you don’t feel like walking our shuttle will take you downtown.

Come back soon and please let us be your host,