“Excellent staff accomodated our needs.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Dozens of family members converged on this hotel recently, to attend a family funeral. My room was clean and comfortable, equipped with an LCD TV and a strong WiFi signal. The young woman at the desk (Abigail) was very helpful on check-in and with directions to the funeral home. We were allowed the use of the breakfast area for a family gathering our first evening and again for a luncheon after the funeral on day two. Call for the best rate! My sister-in-law beat my on-line, cancellable rate by $11 a night and the online non-cancellable rate by $3 a night. I'll definitely consider it on my next trip to Rapid City.

Room Tip: Take a room on the top floor to avoid the sound of feet overhead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Teguzco

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We have stayed here before but only for one night. This time it was for 4 nights. It is centrally located. Check in was great, staff friendly and efficient. Hotel was clean and well maintained. Heater worked great and was very quiet. There was the usual breakfast fare and well maintained by the attendant. This hotel is on a major street and quite a bit of traffic noise can be heard. More distressing was being able to hear neighboring room noises, ie conversations, TV and bath facilities. We were on the second floor and the folks above us were heavy walkers. Their footsteps could be heard even with the carpeted floors. The insulation between the rooms were essentially not there. There was no exercise room so I had to get in my daily walk going up/down the stairs and down the halls as it was sub 20 degrees outside.

Room Tip: Get a 3 floor room so you won't hear footsteps above you. Also getting rooms on north side may b...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keikidoc
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Rooms are very clean, very nicely done. Beds feel like down with pillows that are very, very comfortable. Jacuzzi's in the pool area (2) fit maybe 2 people each. Only complaint is that the jacuzzis were tiny but everything was 100% clean. Paid $99 for a 2 Queen Room which is a good price.

Room Tip: Breakfast is 6:30 to 8:30 (I think) make sure to get up early for free food/coffee.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This one of the older HI Express hotels I've stayed in. It's quite clean, but there are aspects that are still old and outdated. The TVs are the old analog style, the beds are not too comfy, and the shower head had many streams that were stopped up.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 17 December 2011

very good location. very good hospitality and cleanliness. The hotel right in the center of city, you can enjoy all different restaurant in the city(downtown). Lots of parks and drive mountain valley road in neighborhood,

Room Tip: Good location for summer vacation at rapid city
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

For the most part, this is a typical Holiday Inn Express. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, fairly large and comfortable. They also have free wifi in the rooms and a free breakfast. The disappointments were with checking in and the breakfast. I traveled on state government business, and I'm from a state different from South Dakota. When I made my reservation, I talked to the hotel by phone and asked if their low state government rate was available to me also. I was told yes. When I checked in, I was told I wasn't eligible for it, but they would give it to me anyway. They implied that I should have known that, and made it seem like I was trying to do something unethical. The second disappointment was the breakfast. They had the same items as other Holiday Inn Expresses, but the quality just wasn't there. If I were to go there again, I would eat breakfast somewhere else. I had dinner at the Colonial House Restaurant just across the highway, and it was very good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We picked this Holiday Inn Express as the location was convenient to leaving town on 16 and going to Mt. Rushmore, as well as family in the area we were visiting. It is a nice part of town close to churches and hospitals and convenient to restaurants and downtown. We have a family with 2 small children so we needed a bit more room and reserved the 2 Queen Suite for a bit more room. The room was absolutely huge! The pool area is quite large and nice with seating and a patio; great for families. The beds were only so-so comfortable and the decor probably needs an update, but the only true negative was the location of our room. It was on the second floor but looked directly out on the front portico and gas station across the street so our shades had to stay closed constantly. That said it was a servicable hotel and we would stay there for convenience again.

Room Tip: Pick a North or East facing room as there are nice views of sorrounding city and hills.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family