“Just an alright place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Just an alright place to stay”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

You will get just what you expect here. Nothing really stood out good or bad, which is what I wanted for this trip. It was a bit disapointing that they don't have a fitness area. I would stay here again, but this likely won't be my first choice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Mike V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our property and apologize for the inconvenience the lack of fitness center may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Rushmore and doing the tourist thing. Although, we didn't spend much time at the hotel because we were out seeing the sights, it was very nice. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from Keystone and about 20 minutes from Rushmore. If you have smaller children, definitely go visit Storybook Island as it is only a few minutes away in Rapid City. Our room was clean, beds were decently comfortable, and no noise issues, no complaints there. The breakfast offered was decent for a hotel breakfast. Their waffle maker was broken during our stay =( But there was plenty of other options to start your day. Ultimately, I would have no problems staying there again or recommending it to friends/family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystalrenee1984
Colman, SD
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Clean hotel, friendly staff, great continental breakfast & an affordable price! A nice location close to downtown. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in the area! Would be ideal for a family visit. Pool area looked inviting-didn't get to use it, but I would have!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Why it was more expensive than the one in Buffalo - why was and remains a mystery at $115.93 in mid-May.

Perhaps it was due to this being in an apparently huge sprawling City, with a non-too-appealing vista - the City that is !

No idea either.

Easy to get to, get into City Centre for a decent Restaurant - local options are all fast-food, takeaways, pizzas etc.

Solid choice, good night's sleep.

Receptionist was both charming and helpful - Firehouse was a good recommendation. Thanks

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sundance, Wyoming
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I recently stayed at this property. I won't again.

The initial interaction with the reservation desk was not good - - certainly no desire to be helpful.

The breakfast area was dirty - - tables not wiped and no one else in the eating area. The chairs are quite disgusting. It would be a simple matter of steam cleaning them to remove the spots and ground in food. I also found it disconcerting that the breakfast attendant followed me around telling me her story about her MS. While it is, indeed, a sad diagnosis, I'm a complete stranger and this is simply not conversation for the breakfast area.

When my 89 year old mother asked the desk clerk for help with her room key, he was rude and sarcastic. If he were my employee and I witnessed this poor display
, I would fire him.

When I stay at a hotel or motel, good service

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear rathbund,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you found the level of service you received, less than satisfactory. This is certainly not the experience we should be known to provide. I have taken note of your comments and these will be shared with our team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Sturgis, South Dakota
Reviewed 14 October 2013

friday the 7th of october there was a big storm that lasted two whole days the hotels 83 rooms were full the power went off no internet and no lights late that Ist night no tv for almost a day. i was so impressed with the staff they were so professional they made breakfast food available friday night and saturday night as well as breakfast this was most of the guests only choice they kept the rooms clean and fresh they kept the trash out. and they stayed cool and collected. the guest remained calm and I credit it to the staff. when the cable tv returned they went around and reprogrammed each tv I saw no one upset or any angry guests. the people that I visited with all agreed that they had gone above and beyond the call of duty as they were stuck just like the guest I just want to say thank you for everything

Room Tip: remember be kind these people will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently stayed here for five nights in one of their family rooms. This is a nice hotel in a great location, with friendly and helpful staff. The room we had was very comfortable and quiet and the complimentary breakfast is more than adequate to get you started in the morning. The pool area was clean and it was nice to be able to take a swim after a long day of driving. The hotel is well situated for sight seeing being on the main road to Mount Rushmore. Finding the entrance to the car park was a little challenging at first, but once you knew where it was it was fine. Overall a great place to stay if you are visiting the South Dakota area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family