“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overnight stay for business. The hotel and room were clean. The staff were helpful. It is nice that they serve breakfast. It is well stocked. There were obviously children on the floor above as they could be heard running back and forth across the floor. Everything worked well, I am always happy when he bed is comfortable, esp. with extra pillows, a clean room, a heater and air conditioner that work and a shower maintains temperature. It had all these.

Room Tip: Stay in a room that does not enlarge that way you may not have children above running around.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bringing my complaints in my previous review to the attention of the hotel manager the morning I checked out, resulted in a significant adjustment to my bill. That was appreciated but I still would have preferred paying full price for a trouble free stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear DouglasE54,

Thank you for writing a followup review. We are pleased that after some issues with your recent stay, these were soon sorted out and settled. We take all feedback seriously and we most certainly welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This place is old. The floors are noisy. I can hear every step of the people above me. I paid $160 a night for something that is only worth 1/2 of that in my opinion.

The pool is fine and clean. No hot tub. The internet works well.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank wclaymore
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear wclaymore,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It seems that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay, which is why I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional information about your experience. We hope to hear from you soon and be of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Sioux Falls, SD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have been staying at the HI on Cathedral Drive every year for 14 years so I know of what I speak when I say that this property has gone from being an exceptional value to an overpriced underwhelming experience.
The primary reason for our visits is official business; my wife is a teacher visiting her students doing summer clinicals. This property has always given us a government discount for these stays as well as honoring my military ID (Retired USAF) for vacations. As late as 2012 we got a rate of $77 for the first week of June, every time we stayed. In 2013 this increased to $122 for govt and this year I was quoted $133 for her and $159 for me.This is double in 2 years. Is it coincidence that Priority club was terminated in 2012 and replaced by the IHG rewards club??
There is a rival property right across the highway that has not increased their govt rate - we stay at HI to earn rewards.
NO more $159 is out of line for this property .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear RubynRick,

Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Club Members and writing us feedback. I am glad to know that our location worked for your needs throughout the years. On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

What can I say. Ordinary Holiday Inn Express. Weird that's it behind Exxon station. Room clean. They upgraded us to a suite with a Whirlpool Tub in the living room. Room had a smell to it. Wife said musty. I not sure. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mt. Clemens Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our road trip...it was okay. Nothing too amazing. The room and bathroom was clean. The staff seemed friendly. The breakfast was your standard IHG breakfast. There were a couple cons: there aren't refrigerators in the rooms, and thye took the hot tub out a few months ago. Nothing that would deter us from coming back though. On our drive to Mount Rushmore we noticed that there is a HIE closer to the monument...this hotel is still about a half hour away that wasn't a drawback for us though. We liked not being too close to all the tourist attractions.

• Stayed June 2014
Greenbrier, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel offered great clean room with a bountiful hot breakfast, sausage, bacon, eggs, bisquit and gravy. Was a great centered location to go out each day to tour the Black Hills.
Places to eat close by, drug store and hospital close with a mall in town if you need anything.
I have allegies, so the room has to be odor free and very clean, it was great. Comfortable beds, great price for our king, non-smoking.
S&B-Tennessee

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on top floor, book ahead they were filling up fast
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple