“Okay Room”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were in Rapid City to visit the Black Hills. Being a Priority Club member we stay mostly at the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels. This was clean but a bit noisy, the breakfast was different each day we were there. Bathroom could have been a bit more updated, but the bed and pillows were comfortable. Price about what we expected, but like most hotels in an area that has so much to see, it was a little higher. They chose this period in time to resurface the parking lot inconveniencing everyone staying there. Doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Kdona48,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very high price for a VERY average Holiday Inn Express. No fridge in room, that's $8 a night extra. Left after one night because I found a much cheaper hotel just down the road. It's 25 minutes from Mount Rushmore, but I will drive a little further to save a lot of money.

Room Tip: Higher floors probably better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank magnettravel555
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear magnettravel555,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the price you paid. I would like to assure you that we take each comment seriously as it has always been the goal of our hotel to deliver only the best quality services and facilities. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We understand the price hike for summer in Rapid City, unfortunately that is just how it goes. That being said the hotels was nice and clean. The hotel staff did an excellent job getting a room situation fixed. I accidentally booked a smoking room and they helped us into another room even though they were quiet full. There was a nice area to sit outside for breakfast, which was great considering their breakfast area was very small and seating was limited. Needless to say it was extremely crowded and difficult to move through the area just to get outside and out of the way. One last thing, if you need wifi, be fore warned it is terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I waited a few days to write this review because I want to be fair. Staying here made me want to cancel all the rest of my Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express reservations for the rest of my two week driving vacation because it was so awful. I didn't cancel the future reservations, and I've waited until I spent a good night in one of their properties elsewhere to remind myself what I usually like about this chain. Let me tell you all the ways that stand out in my mind that the Rapid City Holiday Inn Express failed to live up to the brand.
First and foremost, it was FILTHY. Socks worn across the room looked like they had walked on the street outside. Twice I killed insects in the bathroom (I am not a bug scientist. I don't know what they were. They were less than 1/4 of an inch long and dark brown, not spiders). Dust was clearly visible in the room in several places (behind the tv, for example). I am a short-haired person. On the SECOND DAY there was a long, long hair in my shower. EWWW!!!
Other complaints: The carpet in the hallway on the first floor behind the office was wet. The whole time. Each day I mentioned it to the ever-changing staff. They were nonplussed. I heard others also report it. "Yeah, we need to check on that." A woman casually informed me at breakfast that she had stayed there the week before and the carped was wet then, too. I overheard another guest reporting that the carpet in her room was wet. "I think the manager might be in this afternoon," said the teenager behind the desk. WHAT?!?
Speaking of breakfast - one of my favorite things about the usual Holiday Inn Express experience is breakfast. NOT HERE. They never had everything expected, the food (including the beautiful cinnamon rolls) was sometimes cold, and again, the area was not clean.
The parking lot here is weird. Go behind the convenience store on Cathedral to the one and only driveway.
I don't need to go on, but avoid the laundry and bring your own pillow if you are forced to stay here. You shouldn't have to - there are TONS of other choices in the area, most of which are much more convenient to the area attractions, and probably have people who know how to get to Mount Rushmore on staff (the kid I asked here, didn't).

Room Tip: The first floor is prone to flooding.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Laurabeth25,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Connie D

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Like some others have said, nothing good or bad really stood out here. If you are not on the top floor and you have heavy walkers and/or children above you, you will know that. The hotel is a little pricey if you don't qualify for some sort of discount rate, considering the location. We enjoyed not being in the middle of town or too close to Keystone, but the price didn't quite reflect that. The breakfast was ample and is standard IHG fare. The hotel itself seemed a little under-staffed for a busy July 4th weekend. There was one person working and she was running from the front desk to take care of various other things that needed attention. She did well, but I thought the hotel should have had 2 people visibly on duty during such a hectic weekend.

Room Tip: If you qualify for a AAA, government or other discount, use it to get a better rate. A top floor roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Imzpickle,

Thank you for writing a candid review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that our location was suitable for the purpose of your travel. We will always work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overnight stay for business. The hotel and room were clean. The staff were helpful. It is nice that they serve breakfast. It is well stocked. There were obviously children on the floor above as they could be heard running back and forth across the floor. Everything worked well, I am always happy when he bed is comfortable, esp. with extra pillows, a clean room, a heater and air conditioner that work and a shower maintains temperature. It had all these.

Room Tip: Stay in a room that does not enlarge that way you may not have children above running around.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bringing my complaints in my previous review to the attention of the hotel manager the morning I checked out, resulted in a significant adjustment to my bill. That was appreciated but I still would have preferred paying full price for a trouble free stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear DouglasE54,

Thank you for writing a followup review. We are pleased that after some issues with your recent stay, these were soon sorted out and settled. We take all feedback seriously and we most certainly welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,