“Trip advisor overview.”

Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Mandan, United States
“Trip advisor overview.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel offered friendly service, clean rooms. In the trip advisor description it said breakfast consisted of waffles, biscuits and gravy etc. and an evening bonus of soup and cookies. The hotel had neither. The mornings consisted of muffins, apples, oranges, juice and coffee. This was disappointing because the expectation was not met according to the description.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWTC_Management_Team, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Rapid City, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the misleading overview. We haven't served the full breakfast or the soup for one year now, and our Trip advisor overview keeps getting reverted to the old description. Again thank you for the review and my apologies for the overview.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Only complaint was the smell, the carpet gave off some smell my husband couldn't get used to. Didn't bother me after awhile but it bothered him. The complimentary breakfast was lacking however sometimes I think we expect too much from a free breakfast. I was pleased with the laundry facilities, the size of the bathroom was also a plus! A balcony was also something ypu dont always get and I thought that was nice. Great location for touring the black hills and close to many fast food chains :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BWTC_Management_Team, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Rapid City, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the balcony. I do apologize for the odd smell, we do shampoo our carpets once a month and during the summer it is difficult to get to all of them in an orderly fashion. We hope to see you again.
Oakland
Reviewed 21 August 2014

was there 8/14/14 to 8/19/14; it was adequate; wi-fi was pretty non-existent in room; staff was very nice but I didn't ask for upgrade; I accepted the room as is, but it was no better than a Motel 6, but much more $$. convenient to tour places which I was doing; I got a $5 discount for breakfast at the restaurant on the premises; no fridge; no amenities; i didn't use the pool...too busy with site seeing; BF was juice if you asked; apples were available; but I ate breakfast at the restaurant after I learned about $5 discount--lobby has a computer; i turned A/C off at night and it was ok; bed was softer than I like; room # 140. TV didn't have HDMI; and I couldn't get captioning to work on HBO.

Room Tip: free wifi but as I said in review, doesn't really work
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words, we do take all feedback to heart to better improve ourselves. I am sorry about the internet problem, we have been having some problems with our service provider.
Rapid City, SD, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am a Diamond Member asking for an upgrade upon checking-in. The front desk guy tells me there's no upgrade for point redemption night, there's no better room in the whole hotel, and if I disagree I should go read the BW terms and conditions! Breakfast was horrible - no milk, no fruit, no cereal, only a smashed muffin left. The room reeks.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWTC_Management_Team, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Rapid City, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We do apologize for not being able to upgrade you, but during the summer it is very difficult to upgrade our Elite rewards members due to running at full occupancy. We serve a true continental breakfast and had some issues keeping up with it due to an emergency with one of our staff members.

Travellers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this hotel as an Express on Priceline whiling on the road, then had a moment of panic as we started reading the reviews. What did we get ourselves into??? Having not been in the Rapid City area for about 10 years, we didn't realize we had to bring GOLD with us to pay for hotel rooms! Not to worry. The hotel is fine. Yes, it is more like a motel--there are five separate buildings, and some are only one floor (some two). They are built into a hill, so you may have to walk (or drive) up/down hill. The pool is nice. The front desk staff is very friendly. The rooms are older, but clean, and have everything that any other hotel room has. Ours (building E) had new wallpaper and tile in the bathroom, nice bedding, and was very quiet. Our air conditioner unit in the wall was not loud although it did run all night (it was hot). There was a mini-fridge, no microwave. Our only complaint would be the lack of breakfast--only Danish and coffee, and a few oatmeal packets--very lame. That is not even continental breakfast. No juice even for children. But there are restaurants in the area (McDonalds right across the road) so you can stay here and still be ahead of shelling out HUGE amounts of money on some of the other hotels we saw. Suit yourself.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words, we do appreciate the feedback. Our prices are very competitive during the summer, but we do try to make it affordable for all of our guests.
Denver, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Quality is not worth the price. Don't let the pictures online fool you as it's not as quaint as you think. Location is good if you are traveling to the tourist sites but there are plenty of other hotels around. Very old and doesn't service breakfast as advertised. They have some muffins and coffee but get up early to have any. Told they didn't have WiFi when we got there.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry about the issues you had during your stay. I do apologize about the internet miscommunication, because we do have free WIFI available. Our 50 plus year old property does not have the conveniences that modern travelers have come to appreciate. We do have a restaurant on site and serve a true continental breakfast.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is older and the facilities are badly in need of updating. We were told that if does not need to comply with ADA laws because it is so old. I have never heard of that or run into that before. The pet area is nice - but very far away and up a rather steep hill from the pet rooms. The room is very old, the air conditioner is loud and the cooling is not comfortable. Breakfast consists of a limited choice of pastries. Given a $5 certificate to use at the adjacent restaurant - if you want to sit and be waiting upon - we ate at the McDonalds across the street. The wifi does work without problem. Staff was uninterested - close to rude. I recommend you find a different place - this is highly overpriced!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry that your stay with us was not what it could have been. Our entire hotel is pet friendly and rooms are handed out to guests as they become available, at check in the only room available was the one in the building on the top of the hill, which is a short distance away from our pet area. Our property was built prior to the implementation of the Americans with Disability Act. And we were grandfathered into the act, but we do try our best to accommodate anyone with any disability to the best of our advantage.
Again I would just like to apologize again for the poor stay you had with us, and hope that it didn't ruin the rest of your trip.