“Always Great!”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Takeout
“Always Great!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I took my wife, son & sister visiting from Texas to Ted's for dinner yesterday. I had been bragging to my sister how good the sandwiches are and now she is a believer. I had the 'Raider' because I like spicy and it was wonderful as were the others. Ted is a fellow Vietnam veteran so he deserves patronage from other patriots.

Visited April 2014
Ted E, Owner at Philly Ted's, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Rich, as you know, I'm a regular guy with good food. The cheesesteak is what I grew up on in Philly. I wouldn't have it any other way ---or I wouldn't do cheesesteaks. I'd probably do corn dogs or something. Thanks for your comments Rich. --- Ted.

“Great Cheesesteak!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

When I went it was lunchtime. Steady flow of customers. I ordered 1 cheesesteak, and it took about 7-8 minutes, which was fine for a busy lunch. Best cheesesteak I've had outside of Philly, hands down. Will go back many times!

Jefferson City, Missouri
“Wow!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

After checking out the reviews, my family and I decided to stop for lunch. It is a very tiny restaurant with limited seating, but the quality of the food was well-worth it! When we walked in, it was pretty busy (always a good sign). We gave our order and grabbed a seat. It took a bit for our food, but it was hot and tasty, making it worthwhile! The owner was there and came around to check on everyone frequently. He had a great sense of humor and and was very hospitable. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

north dakota
“Not good”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We were super excited to come here for lunch. It is absolutely the worst place to eat. I swear my sandwich had old rotten meat. I am surprised I never got sick :-/ I had to throw it out. My husband couldn't finish his either. Never again!!!

Ted E, Owner at Philly Ted's, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you 19amiller73. I appreciate and value your honest review. After 3/4 million sandwiches sold and 12 years in business, this is a first. Unless some burnt grill residue got into your sandwiches, I don't know what to say. We only use regional grade A beef and not imported meat as some fast food restaurants do. We do the best we can, don't cut corners. and don't report to some large corporation. I'm it !!! If this is a hit and run, I'm at a lose for words. -- Ted.
“Worse service ever”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Sandwich is good, but the service was really poor. Took 36 minutes to get one sandwich and fries. The sandwich was dropped on the floor and rewrapped 4 times and then was tried to given to me. There were only two of us waiting for sandwiches. This was on a week night, I would not like to see what it is like on a busy evening or weekend. I will not go back.

Visited March 2014
Ted E, Owner at Philly Ted's, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
DDE, I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Philly Ted's. Feedback is very important to us. I talked to the gal that waited on you. It was determined that she wasn't on top of her game. She is a good worker but is very sensitive. Before you arrived, she made a mistake on an order, and it affected her. Apparently, it went down hill from there. Her bailiwick is not customer service. You might know, in staffing, we have to cover all jobs in a restaurant. She's usually behind the scenes, and does a very good job. I've heard everybody makes mistakes, and I guess we did. We pride ourselves on being different than other food places. Please come back. Ted.