“Great bagels as you head up to meet the presidents”
Review of Black Hills Bagels

Black Hills Bagels
Ranked #28 of 270 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Breakfast bagel sandwiches were delicious. We stayed in Rapid City and stopped for breakfast on our way up to Mount Rushmore. Delicious!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We lived in Rapid City from 1996--1998 and I loved the bagels from here then---especially the vanilla ones. Then we moved and I never had a bagel I liked near as much. In 2009 my daughter moved to SD and was so glad to find out this place was still in business!! Plus the bagels were just as great as I remembered. Every visit we made to SD involved a visit to get bagels and anytime she came home she bought bagels! I am very proud that she graduated from BHSU in Dec. 2013 BUT also sad (LOL) as no more bagels as she moved out of state! So many varieties and they are all great!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

What a find! Whole wheat bagel was excellent, if $1.49. The place has about a dozen cream cheese options, lots of toppings like capers and cucumber. I had a lox sandwich that was very good.

The place could use some remodeling. As you approach the counter to order, you walk over a throw rug that covers an electrical cord. On the side is an area with some old couches, ala '60s coffee house, and next to that is an alcove with a few unusual gift items.

The restaurant was well-staffed when we got there. A little confusing, because after we ordered with the gals behind the bagel counter, we saw a sign that said order to our left with another gal who was at the cash register. Coffee was good, and you get refills for only 50 cents. The juice selection is only bottles in the fridge, and the bottled orange juice was pretty awful. I like when a breakfast place offers fresh juices or even better bottled options.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I ate there 3 times in 2 days while on vacation. The food was delicious! We loved the many varieties of bagels and cream cheese. The service was fast and friendly! Wish we had one closer to home. We would eat there all the time!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

It wasn't our first choice, but well worth the stop. The food is incredible with a variety of bagels, it is amazingly clean, and our meals were delicious and more that some could eat.