“Decent, but kind of a ripoff.”
Review of Black Hills Bagels

Black Hills Bagels
Ranked #30 of 273 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm not sure about all the positive reviews for this place. It's ok, but completely forgettable. While they were nice enough in there, they screwed up 2 orders (including ours) while we were in there. They have one person ringing up and one person making the orders. The person making the orders seemed frazzled. One bagel with butter, One with cream cheese and 2 egg sandwiches were $40. AND they charge .50 for coffee refills. As far as we could tell these are the only bagels in town, but I doubt we'll go there again.

1  Thank edszr

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

When we first got there I was excited to try seeking all the different flavors. I first noticed the chairs, tabels, and floor were diry. I then went to order and the lady told to move over and she would get someone because she new the people behind us ( there were me and a friend and the man behind us in line that's its) so we moved to the next till she then called someone and helped the next guess while we waited about 3 minutes. We then got our food for here they made it to go no biggie. For three bagels a bottle water and a coffe it was 15 dollars and some change. The bagel it self was somewhat hard the strawberry cream cheese was very good though I wont come back the service washorrible.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I am a native New Yorker and a "local Rapid City'er" now and have had bagels all over the country. This place has some of the best bagels I have ever had anywhere. The atmosphere is Midwest comfortable (as you might expect) but it is not noisy and you can hold a conversation over a cup locally roasted Dark Canyon coffee and a large crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside bagel. Worth the stop if you are visiting Rapid City or if you are a local and a "regular".

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Wow! What a great find our last day in Rapid City on our way out of town. Stopped for bagels, breakfast sandwiches and coffee. Tried the Highlander Grogg and wound up buying a pound of beans for the road. Bagels and spreads were amazing. Staff super friendly, owner was very pleasant. Great way to start the day. Cute coffee shop atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Breakfast bagel sandwiches were delicious. We stayed in Rapid City and stopped for breakfast on our way up to Mount Rushmore. Delicious!