“Nice Place to stay”

Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Nice Place to stay”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here ,and the price was very reasonable and the rooms very clean and neat. I was Taken Care of by Vicki and very promptly
I got checked in very quickly and got into my room to relax ,
in the morning there was a very good breakfast to start out my day with.
And the coffee was good.

Room Tip: My room on the West side was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lee s
SleepInnSD, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Vickie is very pleased that she was recognized for her clean rooms. She takes great pride in our hotel cleanliness. We are happy that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I am not a coffee drinker myself, but happy to hear our guests like our blend. You are always welcomed to relax in one of our rooms again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were traveling to see our grandson. Needed a place to stay that was reasonably priced, on the interstate, and carried good reviews. We were well after the big storm of early October, so weather wasn't an issue, but the reviews certainly carried the weight of those inches of snow these weeks later. But first the review. The Sleep Inn gave us an opportunity to do just that: sleep in. The building is far enough removed from the highway so noise wasn't an issue. The hallways were quiet, even though there seemed to be a good number of folks staying there. The rooms were spacious, clean, and devoid of nonsense. The bathroom was well appointed, with the normal hotel stuff and upgraded fixtures. The shower was worthy of its name. The bed was comfortable, as best one can be that isn't mine. Okay, so there was no chocolate mint on my pillow, nor did the help turn down the bed covers late in the afternoon. But I also didn't have to pay for that silliness on a cross country trip.
We were on the fourth floor and the elevator, singular elevator, moved along nicely. With only one, it sometimes wasn't on the floor I was on and I had to wait. That seemed to be a problem with a few reviews I read. I would suggest starting earlier, or, better for the heart, try the stairs. After sitting on my ample backside for a full day in the car, it would have been a great thought. I didn't do it, but I noticed some really skinny folks darting up and down the same. Probably a coincidence. The desk staff was very helpful, particularly after we found out she was from our part of the world and was a recent transplant to Rapid City. Love does strange things.
The breakfast was fine, typical 'free, hot breakfast included' fare. The trays were full and the attendant made sure everything was tidy. Good place to stay at its price-point. Summer probably bumps the price with Mt. Rushmore, but that rising tide would move all ships, so still a good value.
Off the review now and on to the reviews from the storm time. Most folks did a great job of adapting and it sounds like the Sleep Inn folks did a great job under difficult circumstances. Unfortunately, a few folks who are truly special needed care beyond what is possible when nature decides to play games. I'm guessing their trips aren't nearly as much fun as the rest of us have. Too bad. Again, good place, good folks, and a sunrise to die for, even if it was 20 degrees.

4 Thank EZWash
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was visiting a friend in the area and this Days inn was not far from their house. also very close to interstate. not too expensive and very kind staff. The workers behind the counter would always put calls on hold to help me out and i never had to wait for service. Great breakfast and will stay again next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kyle A
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. It's music to my ears when a guest says things like "the desk staff was excellent” and “helpful” about our guest service. Our breakfast gals are very appreciative that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Assistant General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We wanted an alternative to the not so quiet LQ nearby when travelling with our pet. The reviews for this property were good and they accepted our Cat with a 10$ fee. The hotel is reasonably new with clean large rooms. The breakfast is more than satisfactory with a good variety of hot and cold items. The staff friendly and very helpful.
Problem, don't stay on the west side if possible. The hotel is across from a 24 hour drive thru Mcdonalds and I must say until 11pm, everyone thru there had a truck with loud mufflers. Ask to stay on the east side. For the price this is a very nice property compared to much higher other close hotels.

1 Thank FloridaBC
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was having some minor car trouble coming into Rapid City - Martin, at the front desk, went out of his way to help me find the appropriate dealer and secure an appointment. He even sent directions to my cell phone. Later, Erin at the desk went out of her way to be friendly and displayed her professionalism and sense of humor as she helped me with an unusual request from my daugher. (It's better that I don't post a photo.) A great place to stay - I look forward to my next visit there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SleepInnSD, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Martin and Erin are both very appreciative on receiving your glowing review. We are glad that our level of service made it a bit easier on your given circumstance. We look forward to your next visit, and hope you will not have car issues next time!

AGM
Elkhart, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

While staying at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Rapid City, SD. the area was hit by the earliest blizzard in over 100 years. The entire city was shut down. The power was out for over 24 hours. Martin and Vicky, the desk clerk and the head of housekeeping stayed at the hotel for 3 days straight. These two people worked tirelessly to make sure their guest were safe, warm and fed. Although there was no restaurant in the hotel, Martin arranged for food to be brought over from a hotel across the street and generously opened the breakfast bar with everything available. This young man is a credit to your hotel! Vicky, the head of housekeeping, was also a tremendous help. She made sure the guests had plenty of clean towels and blankets for heat. She too worked tirelessly to make sure the guests were comfortable. If we happen to be in Rapid City again, we will definitely stay at this hotel!

2 Thank 966Debbie
SleepInnSD, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
The most important thing a business owner can know is that in a state of emergency the hotel team follows our procedural response systems and “worked tirelessly to make sure the guest were comfortable.” Thank you for bringing these honorable actions of the staff to my attention. Martin and Vickie are remarkable people and we are incredibly fortunate to have them on our team. We look forward to seeing you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is a new location. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The decor is typical hotel style with carpet and furnishings you have seen. The WIFI works well, the TV is flat screen, and the bathroom is large. The beds are comfortable and the conditioned air works. The location is across the street from McDonald's and a 24 hours gas station with a convenience store.

There is a free breakfast with waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, and coffee. The pool looked clean and functional.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ExplorerXYZ
SleepInnSD, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for all of the thoughtful comments about our property and staff. I am pleased to hear you were happy with the WIFI as we recently made a large investment to improve our system. Thank you!