“Close to airport, I-90 and shopping”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Being close to the airport, I-90 and a new shopping center is a big plus. McDonalds and Arby's is just a walk away. The staff is very friendly , the room we had was a 2 queen bed , very clean,had modern furniture, AC , Microwave, fridge , coffeemaker. The breakfast was very good ( eggs, bacon, toast, pastries, fruits, yoghurt, waffles. The pool was clean, the water warm it was a little bit on the small side and so was the space what they have for breakfast.
We would go there again

1  Thank Cinnamon29

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Memorial day weekend by Mount Rushmore, thus was the only affordable room we found and it was still $120.. This type.of.hotel.is usally around $80, and it does not worth more.. so I only gave 3 stars.
I needed an extra bed for my son, and then delivered one for $10/day, yet it did not fit in the room.. So the clerk had to come and finally by moving furniture around he managed to fit the bed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Loved this hotel. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel, the staff were very friendly and the accommodations excellent. The hot breakfast was always good. We stayed 6 nights and each day all the good was fresh, hot and presented well. It was near exit 61 off I90 so was easy to access all the attractions in the area but just far enough away so the hotel was quiet in the evening. The pool and spa were great for a relaxing evening before retireing for the night. the spa was hot and the jets great. Wish more hotels were as well equipped and staffed. So glad we decided to stay there for our vacation in Rapid City.

2  Thank Cheryl D
SleepInnSD, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your extended stay here in Rapid City. We appreciate that you recognized the consistent cleanliness of our property throughout your stay. Thank you for the compliments of our hot breakfast buffet and the efforts of our breakfast ladies who keep the food selections replenished and well presented. We are glad you were able to relax in our spa after your daily adventures of our beautiful Black Hills. Thank you for joining the Trip Advisor community to give us a glowing review!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel was ranked #3 and the price was ok so we booked this hotel. We had just come from an amazing hotel in Billings that was ranked #5 so we were expecting it to be great. I dont like writing bad reviews, but here goes. When we walked in the doors the smell was the first thing we noticed. It was not fresh. We got booked in real quick. We opened the door to our room and it was even less fresh. (Stinky really) The room was nice and clean, but it did not smell nice at all. We opened the window and started the furnace. We came back a few hours later and the room smelled better. The bed was the best bed I had ever slept in, it hardly moved when we would change position. The wifi did not work until close to midnight. The towels were tiny. The pool and jacuzzi were not clean and did not smell good. Beakfast was good, I think the orange juice was powdered. We were coming back thru rapid city on the way home and did not choose this hotel again. Should not have been rankec #3.

Room Tip: Make sure it has a window that opens to clean the air!!! I ranked the room as terrible because of th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lindy W
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is close to exit 61 of interstate 90 .its far enough back you dont hear the traffic on the interstate ,the spa jets are great ,makes your sleep wonderfull and the breakfast they serve keep you going the whole day ..the housekeepers make you feel like family ,keep it up

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 3 or 4 floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank summertimetravel2014

It is a pleasure to hear your wonderful comments about our hotel. Many of our guests recognize the convenience of our location. We are close to many restaurants and local attractions. So glad that you were able to relax in our spa and get a good night’s sleep. We are delighted that our hot breakfast buffet was able to kick start your day! Our awesome housekeepers have a special knack for making families feel like Sleep Inn is a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you with us again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Was a very good choice. The staff was pleasant, the rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a little more noise from the McDonald's next door than I'd like, but the pool/hot tub was clean, the hot tub was hot and (at least in our room we had a tub/shower....unlike many Sleep Inns that only have a shower). The breakfast staff were also pleasant. The only downside for me was the scrambled eggs at breakfast, which tasted like powered fake eggs (I guess maybe better than those flat oval things you sometimes get, but I guess I would have in this case, and many, I'd like those hard boiled eggs so at least I know you're getting real eggs...you can't fake hard boiled eggs, can you?). The rest of the breakfast menu was good...bacon, waffles, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate feedback from a top Trip Advisor contributor such as yourself. Our maintenance team takes great pride in providing a clean and enjoyable pool and spa. Our property offers guests different room options including those with either a walk-in shower or tub/shower combination. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast staff. We are glad that you enjoyed the variety we offer on our hot breakfast buffet. We hope to be your stopping point of choice for your future stays.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for business and easily found the property which is in a newer addition of Rapid City. My room was clean and breakfast was delicious. I was able to do plenty of work in my room since the work station was large. The only thing was I was in an adjoining room which was kind of loud when the hair dryer started going at 6:00 am.
But overall my stay was pleasant and I will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us while you were here on business. We understand the challenge of travel and work. We are glad you made use of our expanded work station with complimentary high-speed wireless internet. Please remind us on any special requests as we want to make your next stay perfect.