“Felt over priced but clean and attractive”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel was clean and attractive, staff was helpful and breakfast was normal. But, at $150 plus tax it seemed about $30 too much. It was the week after 4th of July and that is their busy season so you be the judge. The staff was interested in my opinion and asked that I consider rating them a 5 on trip advisor. I have no complaints except that very recently I stayed in a similar type hotel in Denver (on the outskirts) for about $30 less.
The digital lights from the microwave and clock were very bright in the dark. I would stay again when the price is lower.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry77079

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our stay was nice just had a few issues.
The pillows are half size, small square pillows about 16"X16" had to prop up three and still did not feel right. Housekeeping has issues here. There was a visible plastic cup under one of the bedside tables that I noticed upon the first entrance to the room and it was still there after our four day stay. Also we are use to leaving a daily tip in the room for housekeeping when we stay at hotels, so after our fist night I left $3 on the table with a little note asking for another note pad for our room since I had used up the 3-4 page one that comes with the room. Later that afternoon we arrived as housekeeping was midway cleaning our room and needed to change clothes, they let us in the room and we told them we just needed to change and would be in and out, she said that she would be back to finish it later, we were in and out in about 15-20 minutes.
when we arrived back at the hotel later that night we had found that they never did come back to finish the room and had left it half done, no towels changed, no replenishment of toilet paper or Kleenex, dirty coffee pot in sink and not even a note pad to use even though the $3 tip was gone.
So we left no tips the rest of the stay and the room did get cleaned every other day, except for the plastic cup laying under the table. We did enjoy the breakfast every morning, it was kept up very well and clean.

2  Thank VikingElad
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family and I have not gone on a vacation in about 6 years. I planned this a year in advance. I carefully looked at several Hotels before I decided on this one. The Staff was warm and friendly. Check in was fast and we were in our room in about four minutes. This meant a lot after driving for over 12 hours. The hotel was close to the expressway.The room was nice, clean, roomy and had a beautiful view of the countryside. The beds were very comfortable, and as well as the chair. One of the reasons I picked this hotel is that every room has a refrigerator and microwave. This came in very handy. During the days we picnicked and back in the room, we could reheat the leftovers if we were a little hungry. The money we saved by not having to go out to eat, we used on buying a suitcase full of souvenirs for ourselves, family and friends. The hotel had a continental breakfast that was pretty good. The eggs tasted great! I plan on going back sometime in the near future, and I will definitely go back to this hotel.

1  Thank Jenny K
SleepInnSD, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your very pleasant and thorough review, it sounds like you really did your “homework”. How exciting that your family enjoyed your long awaited vacation with us in the beautiful Black Hills! It is so rewarding to hear the many aspects of your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the convenience of having a refrigerator and microwave in your room, which is standard for all of our rooms! We pride ourselves on having a welcoming and friendly atmosphere at our hotel. Please think of us again if you ever pass this way.

Patrick Schmitz

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had two separate stays in the past week. In both cases, the rooms were very clean and the staff was very pleasant. My son was very excited to use the pool, but we found that the smell was just too strong (almost like a stinky toilet smell) to swim for more than 10 minutes. The water was not very clear either. Perhaps too much chlorine?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it had a pool for my grandson to use. The pool was excellent. Large and very clean. The hotel breakfast was hot and delicious. Our room was clean and accommodating. The staff at the desk were helpful and pleasant. The hotel is a bit pricey, but we felt like we got our money's worth.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After the disgusting room at Econolodge we decided we were going to go on with our trip West but we had not seen everything we wanted to in SD. So we packed our car on Monday morning and started out and as we went out to the Conoco Station to fill up we looked across the road and my husband asked me to call the Sleep Inn to see if we could get a room for a couple more days so we could finish what we wanted to see in the Rapid City area. They told us they had a room and we could check in around 3:00 so we decided to go out and do some more site seeing until the room was ready. Wonderful room. We were on the 3rd floor but they had elevators.
The room was very clean, even though it was in the front of the hotel right over the door we heard no noise. A beautiful view of the valley. The staff could not have been better. The desk clerk Dave was helpful and kind and very nice. If we ever go that way again we will definitely stay at Sleep Inn and there was only a $6.50 per day difference in the price of Econolodge..
Trash to treasure in this case. Sleep Inn saved our trip. One thing I have found in all our travels is most of the time as soon as a hotel finds out we are traveling with a dog we get down graded to a lesser room even at Choice Hotels where I am a gold member. This place gave us an excellent room. We even did our laundry before heading out again to Montana

Room Tip: We had no issue with noise even though we were over the check in area. Good sleep
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wvcoalgirl

Talk about being in the right place at the right time! How fantastic that our team could provide such a rewarding respite to you. We hope you enjoy the scenic the Black Hills. We look forward to having the opportunity to seeing you and your family (including the fury one) again!

Patrick Schmitz
AGM

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Friendly front desk staff; room and hotel overall was clean and quiet; breakfast was good
I would stay at this hotel again.

I would have given a rating of Excellent, but there were just three minor things that kept me from doing that:
The pillows are about half the size of regular pillows and all were the same firmness.
The towels are cheap -- could be nicer.
The refrigerator had been turned off (I assume to conserve energy), but since it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned before turning off, it smelled pretty badly.