“AWESOME HOTEL AND PEOPLE”

Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The very first time I stayed at this hotel was in September, 2013. I was treated better than I have ever been treated at any other hotel chain. I stay here every time I am in Rapid City and I have to come here every 3-5 weeks. I will not stay anywhere else in this town. Jeremy, one of the front desk customer service representatives, has become a great friend to me as well as a csr that takes good care of me. Steff is also a csr at the front desk. She is an awesome young lady as well. The Sales Manager, Kathy, is a very customer oriented lady who knows how to keep her customers coming back to this hotel. She will visit with any of the customers any time she is out of her office. If you do not stay here, it is your loss. As for me, I will be here as a regular customer..

Room Tip: Any room is just as awesome as the next.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Randall B
Cathy C, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello to our regular from Texas!
Thank you for the wonderful review of our Platinum Award winning hotel. We are so happy to have you stay with us. I know you have many hotel choices in the area so we're happy to be your home away from home - their loss is definitely our gain!
Jeremy is one of our shining stars at the front desk, as well as Cheryl. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to them. We do what we do because of guests like you. We'll see you when you return - safe travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Was there on the way home from Sister's funeral in Montana, room was clean, staff was friendly, the food was above average for breakfast, good location easy access to interstate. Overall a great place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cathy C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Good Afternoon!
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our hotel. We wish to offer our condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. We hope you get the opportunity to return to see all the Black Hills, Rapid City and the Comfort Suites has to offer. We'll have some warm cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

After staying in a comfort suites in Fargo, ND, we were so happy with the room that we looked for them in every town along the rest of our trip.

Rapid City Comfort Suites was an excellent facility and a well appointed and comfortable room.

We'll keep it on our list for future trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W

Good Afternoon!
Thank you for the wonderful review about your stay at our Platinum Award winning hotel! The Comfort Suites brand is designated as an upscale brand and we're happy to hear that we are your preferred choice of hotel. We're glad you found us and are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in April 2014. The family suite was perfect for us; the kids got a kick out of having their "own room" and we parents enjoyed it too, after our long days of sightseeing. The staff was friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful with local tips. The pool/hottub area was nice, and so were the free, warm cookies in the evenings. Only good things to say! Loved our stay here, and it was a nice location as a hub for our daily sightseeing ventures in the Black Hills!

Room Tip: The Family Suites are great here! Each 'bedroom' has its own TV.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MilwaukeeMutti
Cathy C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello MilwaukeeMutti!
Thank you for spending your Spring Break with us and for writing such a great review of our Platinum Award winning hotel. We're so glad you chose one of our Family Suites. They're perfect for the traveling family! We hope you get a chance to come back soon. We'll have more warm cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews, but I wanted to let people know what a great place this is. My wife and I were traveling to Montana and decided to stay the night in Rapid City. We were so pleased with the service that Aleah gave us when we checked in that we decided to stay an extra night. The hotel is very clean, the rooms have ample space, the pool, hot tub, and fitness center are spacious and well maintained. The breakfast the next morning was as good or better than what you would get at a restaurant. Janet, one of the ladies keeping the food hot and fresh, was extremely pleasant to talk to and she did a great job making sure we had everything we needed to eat. This is one of the cleanest, friendliest, and quietest hotels we have stayed in. Plus, the location was good. I highly recommend that you stay here if you are passing through Rapid City, SD. I know if we come back through we will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank acnay

Good Afternoon, acnay!!
Thank you for taking the time to write the wonderful review of our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our staff members, Aleah and Janet. They are a part of a wonderful team here at the Comfort Suites. I will pass along your compliments. I hope your trip to Montana was pleasant. Hopefully next time you come into Rapid City, you'll stay for a few days. You'll be surprised what there is to see and do here!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed for our wedding anniversary. The room was great. Whirlpool suite with lots of room. Complimentary dessert coupons for the steakhouse across the parking lot. And best of all...I left my wedding ring in the room when we left! I realized it about 2 hours later. I called right away. The staff had placed it in their safe and it was returned to me safely! So thankful for the wonderful and honest staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Decker6405

Good Morning, Decker6405!
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for the great review of our hotel and for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us. The desserts next door are amazing, aren't they?! I'm so glad you got your ring back. Come stay with us again - maybe this will be the start of a new tradition. Everyone should celebrate their anniversary with us!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I wholeheartedly agree with the other reviewers. We arrived late on a very cold winters night in March and the warmth that greeted us as soon as we entered reception was just not from the heating but also from the staff. It was very much appreciated after a long days driving.
Our room on the top floor was immaculate, very large ( they are suites!) and had everything a guest needs. Breakfast had plenty of choices and the dining area was well maintained and clean. The winter storm Titian come through that night and we were very happy we had chosen Comfort inn . We were warm and snug inside. Access straight off the Interstate couldn't have been easier yet there was no traffic noise to be heard.

Room Tip: Maybe the top floor so there is no one above you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello brobi41!
Thank you for the great review of our Platinum Award winning hotel! Our winters in South Dakota can be a wee bit chilly at times. I'm glad you found refuge at our hotel and enjoyed your spacious suite and hot breakfast. We hope you get an opportunity to return to the States and the Black Hills of South Dakota. We'd love to welcome you back!