“Good Place to Stay”

Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What makes this hotel a great place to stay is service! The staff was very welcoming and really went out of their way to give restaurant recommendations.

Additionally, it is very nice to have a swimming pool into which you can relax after a long day driving!

1  Thank mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
Cathy C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello mariiiiiiiiiiiiie!
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our award winning Customer Service. Our staff goes out of their way to make our guests feel at home. If you have an opportunity to come back to the United States, we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a pleasant stay. . . however. . . the check in process took well over 20 minutes. It was ridiculous. I can't figure out why or how it could take that long, but it did. Now I must say, the lady behind the desk doing the "checking in" was very friendly, and tried to get things to go as smoothly as possible, but none the less, it was a fiasco. Once we were all settled in and in our rooms it was a great stay. The hotel was clean (which is a HUGE deal to me), the beds were comfy, and the rooms were spacious. The nearby hotels are cheaper, (I paid $94.99 for my room. . .hotel next door was offering rooms for $39.99) but I am willing to pay a higher price for a better stay. Many reviews I read commented on the cleanliness of this place, so it was worth the price to stay somewhere updated and clean! The surrounding hotels didn't have as many good things going for them. . .I will pass up a waterpark in a dirty hotel for a pool in a clean one in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AmyJoPeterson

Hello Minnesota,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Platinum Award winning hotel. Unfortunately, I too have been a victim of the "rate game" only to find out that I was unable to receive that rate without an advance purchase and extended stay. We apologize for your wait at check-in and we are working on measures to insure future guests do not encounter the same issue you experienced. We hope you get an opportunity to return to the area. We'd love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

In a 7,000 mile USA road trip, this hotel was the finest! Staff assistance and suite appearance and comfort were as advertised - and worthy of the #1 Rapid City accommodation. In particular, there was a hiccup (mine, I think) regarding wireless connection. Not only did onsite staff provide a fix but the internet hook-up company promptly called me to see if the problem had been rectified. Add to this excellent meal recommendations in downtown Rapid City.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Wow! 7,000 miles is a really long trip! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make your stay enjoyable and a strong internet connection is an important part of your experience. We hope you'll have an opportunity to come back and see us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in town to visit Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills and the Badlands. Stayed here on TripAdvisors recommendation and was not disappointed. The hotel sits up on a windy hill, just off of I-80. The suite was very comfortable. Breakfast was provided and was very enjoyable. All of the sites of Rapid City were easily accessible as the hotel is near the truck route which is a bypass of Rapid City. We were there prior to Memorial Day and many of the minor attractions were not open yet. It was however an easy, scenic drive to Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel rates as one of the best Comfort Inns I have stayed at, and one of the best of this class of hotels I have used. My wife and I spent three nights here, and we're very pleased. There are no negatives we can say about. It. Well done!

1  Thank ecdoglover

Hello ecdoglover!!
Thank you for the wonderful review of our Platinum Award winning hotel. We're so happy you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you get an opportunity to return to the area. We'd love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment we pulled up to the front door until the moment we checked out, it was first class service all the way.
A huge shout out to CHERYL as she was especially helpful - and especially purple! The property is on the east side of the city and there is a lot of wide open spaces there. Easy interstate access - easy access to the highway for Rushmore and all the touristy attractions. There are a couple of fast food restaurants nearby and a couple of convenience stores as well.
The room was very spacious - the bathroom was very large. The linens appeared to be fairly new (towels were soft, blankets were comfy, large fluffy pillows, and the sheets were bleach white) The room was also spotless - I walked around in my white socks - a tell tale sign of clean. Yes, they remained white.
The pool area - very nice. Great entertainment for a couple of 13 year olds cooped up in a vehicle for several hours. I sat at a table in the area and plugged in my electronic device and facebooked while they played.
There is no need for a Dennys for breakfast - this is one of the best run hotel breakfasts I have encountered. The waffles are excellent (especially the cinnamon ones). And the staff keeps the tables and the buffet area SPOTLESS.
I was amazed at the effort of this property in "cleanliness" - and the customer service by ANY of the EMPLOYEES was outstanding.
This will be where I come back - Thank you for helping make my vacation very comfortable and pleasant!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Deb B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello marci4tony!
Thank you for the fantastic review of our Platinum Award winning hotel! Thank you for recognizing one of our staff members. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to her. We're so happy you found our location and amenities to be exactly what you needed. Our staff does a great job to make sure you feel like you're home. I hope you get a chance to head back this way soon. We'll have some warm cookies waiting for your kids!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I smiled immediately when we entered our room! The maids had taken the time yo create sculptures from the towels! We had a lg heart on our hot tub and an elephant with his trunk up on our bed ! We had traveled gorgeous about 2 weeks an it was nice to have a room you remember! It was. Very clean an comfortable!

1  Thank Bev1443
Cathy C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello Bev1443!
Thank you for the great review! Don't you just love it when your first impression of a hotel suite is based on the animals that greet you in the room? Towel animals, that is! Our housekeeping staff loves putting towel animals our rooms. They're coming up with new ones pretty often. I saw a stingray just the other day! Thank you for staying with us - hurry back!