“Best night sleep....”

Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to the great state of South Dakota. The rooms were clean, very clean. Great breakfast, very friendly staff.
I do not have one complaint! PICK THIS HOTEL!!!!! You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Aleah E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello Tracy S,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay! Cleanliness is HUGE to us and we are delighted you noticed the hard work we put in to maintaining our property. Please come see us again the next time you are in South Dakota!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is located right off of I90. It's a short drive to downtown and about 20-25 minutes from Mount Rushmore. Also, Sturgis is a 30 minute drive. The rooms and hotel are very clean and comfortable with a safe, refrigerator, microwave, and a couch/chair. The breakfast was good. The swimming area looked nice. The fitness center has a couple of cardio machines but no free weights. They have a weight machine though. There's a grocery store close by (driving distance) and a steak restaurant within walking distance (it's good too). There's fresh cookies in the afternoon/evening at the check in desk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello MarkjTexas,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our award winning property! We are so happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We agree the steakhouse next door is very good too! Please come back to the black hills and see us…..we will have some of those fresh, warm cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The entire stay was wonderful, the facility was clean, comfortable, spacious, and the staff and customer service was excellent! Especially Cheryl at the front desk. At the very last minute before I was to leave the hotel for dinner, I needed a safety pin for my dress and she was kind enough to actually give me one out of her personal belongings! She absolutely saved the evening! I will definitely be staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deb B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello CB!
Thank you for the wonderful remarks about your stay with us. Cheryl is very handy indeed! I will be sure to pass along your compliments! We hope you get an opportunity to visit us again soon. We'll have some warm cookies available when you get here!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was a really nice, clean place to stay in Rapid City. Friendly service, clean rooms, good location. The room had a HUGE dining area and kitchenette. I don't have a negative thing to say about it but it wasn't knock-my-socks-off amazing, either. One day they knocked early (ish) to service our room and we told them we'd be out in 30 minutes. We came back 7 hours later and they hadn't cleaned it, so we had to track down fresh towels and cups ourselves. Not a huge deal, but a little less than ideal. I would stay again if visiting the area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Terryteeth

Good Evening, Terryteeth!
Thank you for the review of our Platinum Award winning hotel. I'm sorry for the inconveniences you received upon return to the hotel. I will definitely investigate the situation and right it for future guests. We hope you get an opportunity to return again. We'd love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. Check in was quick. Room was clean and beds confortable. Breakfast was one of the best. Janet and Rita kept the food fresh and full. They were very friendly. The hotel is located in a great location to go see all the sites of the black hills. 20 to 40 miles from all sites. Would I stay again? Yes. Yes. Yes.

1  Thank okquerry

Hello okquerry!!!
Thank you for the wonder remarks about our hotel. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Janet and Rita are definitely two of our many shining stars at the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments. Hurry back when you can. We'd love to welcome you home!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

First I want to say thank you to Unique the young woman at the front desk who has a great smile and has excellent customer service skills, she went far above her duty to help me in a situation. I would also like to thank Jamie who takes care of the rooms, she was so very nice in helping make sure I had everything I needed and was a big help to me as well. The ladies in the breakfast area kept everything so clean and made sure nothing ran out. The entire staff spoke to us and was very nice. We stayed 6 nights and it was great. It was quiet, clean, rooms are big just like the pictures, the beds were comfortable. We all had laptops and nobody had issues with the Wi-Fi like some other posts did, but sometimes things go down I guess. I liked the fact that kids were not running around the halls. If you are looking for a water-park type hotel where kids run wild and the hotel is loud and the breakfast area is messy then don't come here

Room Tip: I got a room facing the back of the hotel so you can see better scenery. That would be the southwes...

Hello!
Thank you for the great review of our Platinum Award winning hotel! I will be happy to pass along your compliments to our staff. They definitely do a fantastic job of making our guests feel at home. Please come back and see us soon. We'll have some cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

What makes this hotel a great place to stay is service! The staff was very welcoming and really went out of their way to give restaurant recommendations.

Additionally, it is very nice to have a swimming pool into which you can relax after a long day driving!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
Cathy C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello mariiiiiiiiiiiiie!
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our award winning Customer Service. Our staff goes out of their way to make our guests feel at home. If you have an opportunity to come back to the United States, we would love to welcome you back.