Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our experience was a two night stay. The whole staff was so helpful....from check in to check out. Our wall hairdryer went out & they had someone there to replace it before my hair had time to dry out. Also, our breakfasts were fantastic. And the wait staff couldn't be better. One in particular, Janet, was so helpful. All the others, each day, were special too...especially the one who found me my favorite donut when they seemed to all been gone. The pool & workout centers were nice & clean. Thanks for making our stay so much fun!!

Room Tip: Both rooms doors were facing each other. Great for family's & friends. We loved being close...
Green Features: Free water as we checked in was a real nice touch! We were impressed.

1 Thank Rick W
Aleah E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We have a fantastic staff here and they are very quick and
efficient when it comes to ensuring our guests have everything they need. I’m so glad the hairdryer was replaced before your hair was dry! I will pass on the kudos to Janet and THANK YOU for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great room - clean with comfortable beds. Customer service is excellent. Breakfast is outstanding. Only downside was there was only one ice machine and that was on the first floor. Room had plenty of space and was very quiet.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good although I would select one away from the elevators and guest laundry...

1 Thank Joy M
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking time to review our all-suite property! I’m ecstatic to hear that your room
was great and that you got to experience our top-notch customer service! I do apologize that we
didn’t inform you of the ice machine locations, we have one on first and one on the third floor. I hope you will visit us the next time you’re in the area!
Turlock, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great place to stay! Room was clean and even the sofa sleeper was comfortable! Conveniently located off of highway & great location to visit Mt. Rushmore & other areas around the Black Hills. Plenty of food at breakfast and kept clean & hot. Would definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to the area!

1 Thank Carla T
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our Platinum Award Winning Hotel! We love our location, just off I-90 with the bypass around the city, it makes traveling to the attractions easy for our guests. Please visit us the next time you’re in the area, we would love to welcome you back!
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stay at Choice Hotel properties all over the USA. This is the best property that I have ever stayed in. Best of all, I had my family with me. Not a business trip this time. I will be back.AAAA+++++++++++++

Room Tip: Book ahead. This level of service is hard to find.
Green Features: Very green. I wish all were this way. They are a leader

1 Thank 42toro
Dear valued guest,

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I’m very happy to hear that you got a break from the business trips and were able to have your family here as well! We’ll have some fresh, warm cookies waiting for you when you come back!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice hotel, comvenient location (just off the interstate, and an easy drive into downtown Rapid City and several shopping centers), a good jumping off point for Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, and the area's other attractions. There's an indoor water park across the street - a big attraction for my young boys. The breakfast was a little better than usual. One of the better places we stayed at on a 2 week road trip.

Room Tip: My guess is that the rooms are probably about equal. Ours was on the first floor, across from the po...
Green Features: Wasn't there long enough to notice, so I can't comment - the only,thing I noticed was the standard appeal to reuse the towels.

1 Thank Dave P
Good afternoon Dave P,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review our all-suite property! I’m glad our
location made sightseeing in the area easy for you and your family. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area!
Edinburg
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very quiet and very comfortable rooms. Pleasant staff. The breakfast was adequate and always plenty of food and the staff was very active cleaning and making sure items were restocked. Recommend this location to anyone traveling to Rapid City.

Green Features: Good practices and hopefully people take advantage of keeping the lines from day to day if possible.

1 Thank Lynn K
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking time to review our Platinum Award Winning Hotel! Our breakfast
attendants always make sure our guests start their day off right. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope you will stay with us the next time you visit the Black Hills.
colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a new hotel and let me just say, they built this one perfectly! Beautiful, clean, super friendly staff but best of all: THE ROOM!!! We got a King suite and when we walked in the door we both looked at each other and said, "Can we live here!?!" It was that wonderful! Roomy, clean, beautifully decorated. Bed was super comfortable, plenty of pillows, extra blanket, plenty of towels. Water pressure was outstanding. There is not one thing I can say bad about this hotel! Breakfast was hot and plentiful with two gals running back and forth making sure to all the guest needs. The pool was great as well. It is very close to the interstate so it made travel a breeze.

Room Tip: We had one a King suite. LOVED it!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ColoradoMorningglory
Dear valued guest,

Well what can I say....THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments! I’m so happy that our
accommodations met and exceeded your expectations! Please come stay with us anytime, we would love to have you back!