Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in the area for two nights. Room was exceptionally clean with lots of space. Front desk staff was helpful, providing driving directions and offering several different dining selections. Easy access to Mt. Rushmore and other local attractions. Great room for the price!

1  Thank beaslee
Aleah E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our Platinum Award Winning Hotel! I’m so happy to hear that you found our establishment to be, “Exceptionally clean with lots of space”! Our front desk staff is great at providing directions and recommendations for the area. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,707)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Huge rooms, very clean. I liked the fact of no pets, not that I don't like animals, just don't like them being in hotels. Breakfast was a nice mix and plenty of seating, which is not the case everywhere. Staff was very pleasant and helpful! Would definitely stay there again! Great location too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnine B

Good evening Johnine B,

I’m so happy to hear that your stay was, “Wonderful”! Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us and other travelers. I’m glad you liked the spacious layout in our suites and breakfast areas. Please visit us again the next time you’re in the Black Hills.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our experience was a two night stay. The whole staff was so helpful....from check in to check out. Our wall hairdryer went out & they had someone there to replace it before my hair had time to dry out. Also, our breakfasts were fantastic. And the wait staff couldn't be better. One in particular, Janet, was so helpful. All the others, each day, were special too...especially the one who found me my favorite donut when they seemed to all been gone. The pool & workout centers were nice & clean. Thanks for making our stay so much fun!!

Room Tip: Both rooms doors were facing each other. Great for family's & friends. We loved being close...
1  Thank Rick W

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We have a fantastic staff here and they are very quick and
efficient when it comes to ensuring our guests have everything they need. I’m so glad the hairdryer was replaced before your hair was dry! I will pass on the kudos to Janet and THANK YOU for staying with us!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great room - clean with comfortable beds. Customer service is excellent. Breakfast is outstanding. Only downside was there was only one ice machine and that was on the first floor. Room had plenty of space and was very quiet.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good although I would select one away from the elevators and guest laundry...
1  Thank Joy M

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking time to review our all-suite property! I’m ecstatic to hear that your room
was great and that you got to experience our top-notch customer service! I do apologize that we
didn’t inform you of the ice machine locations, we have one on first and one on the third floor. I hope you will visit us the next time you’re in the area!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great place to stay! Room was clean and even the sofa sleeper was comfortable! Conveniently located off of highway & great location to visit Mt. Rushmore & other areas around the Black Hills. Plenty of food at breakfast and kept clean & hot. Would definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to the area!

1  Thank Carla T

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our Platinum Award Winning Hotel! We love our location, just off I-90 with the bypass around the city, it makes traveling to the attractions easy for our guests. Please visit us the next time you’re in the area, we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stay at Choice Hotel properties all over the USA. This is the best property that I have ever stayed in. Best of all, I had my family with me. Not a business trip this time. I will be back.AAAA+++++++++++++

Room Tip: Book ahead. This level of service is hard to find.
1  Thank 42toro

Dear valued guest,

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I’m very happy to hear that you got a break from the business trips and were able to have your family here as well! We’ll have some fresh, warm cookies waiting for you when you come back!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice hotel, comvenient location (just off the interstate, and an easy drive into downtown Rapid City and several shopping centers), a good jumping off point for Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, and the area's other attractions. There's an indoor water park across the street - a big attraction for my young boys. The breakfast was a little better than usual. One of the better places we stayed at on a 2 week road trip.

Room Tip: My guess is that the rooms are probably about equal. Ours was on the first floor, across from the po...
1  Thank Dave P

Good afternoon Dave P,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review our all-suite property! I’m glad our
location made sightseeing in the area easy for you and your family. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area!