“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 bubbles

On the Border
Ranked #82 of 262 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rapid City, South Dakota
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything about the atmosphere was awesome!!! Plus the food was great and the queso is to die for!!

• Visited August 2014

Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
“Service Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We felt ignored by our waitress. She apolgized but wasn't busy. It seemed as if she forgot we were there! Food took quite a while to come. She brought us out some type of cheese sauce dip to compensate , it looked like it had been sitting a long time. I ordered the combo plate, my spinach enchilada came out with a huge blade of grass or some type of string cooked in it! Gross! Our waitress took it away , apologized and said she would take it off our bill. She also said she bring the manager over .. She never did. Not worth going to!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RAPID CITY
“Nice place...bad management.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The food, atmosphere, wait staff was great, my complaint was some loud mouth manager yelling at an employee because she made a mistake on an order...this putz should have taken her aside and explained the error instead of embarrassing her.

• Visited July 2014
Lindstrom, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“was excited to try but it was just medoicore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My kids liked their taco plates, my husband liked his enchilada and taco and I had the fajita style tacos. We sat outside and the tables were sticky and flies everywhere. What bothered me the most is that it cost us $35 for our family of four and everything but the salsa had such a bland flavor. I also wished that there was more of a strict dress code for the employees. Ill fitting yoga pants and shirts that are way to tight should not be allowed. I usually don't notice such things, but 5/6 of the wait staff appeared dirty, in worn out clothes that didn't fit. Perhaps provide the uniform or specify no tights?

Visited July 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have eaten at other On the Borders, and have enjoyed it. This one however was not that great. The food was alright, but could have had better at Taco Johns. I think what turned us off was the service at the front desk. Rude, busy on there phones, and mocking customers as they walked passed. Our waitress however was very kind.

Visited July 2014