“Ok for the price”
Review of M Star Rapid City

M Star Rapid City
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this motel for the rally and got a great deal through Expedia. For the price we paid, I can't complain. There was plenty of parking, the air worked good, beds were comfortable but carpet definitely needs replaced. If we had been charged inflated "rally" prices, I would have chose another place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cinny314
Magnuson_Rapid, General Manager at M Star Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I am glad that you felt you got a great value for the room. As you were probably made aware, the property is under remodel. We thank you for the review and hope to see you again on the property.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Like others, we were not initially convinced that we had made the right choice with this roadside motel. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff at reception were very efficient and helpful. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. Our room was equipped with the usual facilities including a fridge and microwave plus TV. Free coffee was available in reception although you will have to find a restaurant for breakfast. There were several options within a very short distance from the motel. Good, reasonably priced motel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We have been striving to provide the best value in town and we appreciate the wonderful review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We booked this because of price. It is the perfect spot for day trips to Black Hills and Devils tower area. Easy access to Rapid City and points East. When we checked in the outside looked like your usual 1 or 2 star motel. Our room was great. It more like a suite. Very clean and comfortable. The staff, including housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. I have stayed in dumps and 5 star hotels in large cities. I rated this high because of the staff and service. There is also an excellent family owned restaurant 2 doors down that has great breakfasts and some of the best pastries that I have ever had. It is the Carriage House or as the sign says "CH". The room we had could sleep 6 people. I highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floors. The building is set into a hill and some of the second floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am thankful for the wonderful review of the property and if there is anything further we can ever assist with, please do not hesitate to call the property!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this because of price. I didn't want to go broke on hotel stays while on our vacation through Rapid City and Yellowstone. The computers were down when we checked in and one of our key cards didn't work but that was no biggy. The guy at the desk was very nice. I love that we just backed right up to our door and didn't have to carry things far or up stairs.

The room was average. Nice refrigerator and microwave. Newer linens and bedspreads which is nice and a flat screen tv. Beds were very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was great (the best we had throughout our trip to various hotels) Overall it wasn't bad. Didn't have a breakfast but that didn't matter to us. I would go back.

2  Thank AAB250

I appreciate the wonderful review of the property! I apologize that our system was down upon checkin; however, it is wonderful to hear that the desk clerk handled himself well and treated the guests how he was suppose to. If you are ever in the area again, please stop in and let us be your place to stay

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was inexpensive that is why we chose it however there was mold in the bathroom. The toliet was not bolted down. The bed spread had stains. And the sink knob came off when u touched it. And the floor hasnt been cleaned in years. Power flicked on and off. I wouldnt recommend .

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank reneelmiddle

I would like to apologize for the stay that you had, as it sounds like you were very unhappy with the property. I am curious if this review was meant for another property though. I can assure you that our toilets are bolted down, our faucets do not fall off, and our carpets are vacuumed daily. From all the other reviews listed, this one does not match up with an accurate description of our property. If there is anything I can assist with though, please do not hesitate to call the property direct and we an discuss the review.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was a little skeptical when I first saw it, but having checked out earlier from another hotel that was awful I found this hotel to be very nice. It was clean and very comfortable and the price was alright. The bed was good to sleep in and the room had all the amenities. Although we could not smoke in the room there where benches just outside where we could sit. They don't offer any breakfast but there is a restaurant right next door that has very good food. Overall I would stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone and those who have a family looking for a nice place to stay at a good price. Its easy to find and located near the downtown are and on its way to Mt Rushmore.

1  Thank lancelevi

We appreciate the kind words and I am glad that our hard work is starting to show from our guests!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here after visiting Mount Rushmore, it is about half an hour drive away from the National Monument. From the outside it is not the most appealing but once you get in the rooms are great in size with tv, fridge and micro which is great for a night stop over. It was cheaper than what we saw in the area which was also good for us. Freshly brewed coffee in the foyer area during operation hours. Would stay here again if visiting the area, and the gentleman that checked us in was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingPiglets

We appreciate the wonderful review. We are trying to change the property around to offer the best value in town! Thank you for choosing the Mstar Rapid City