“Great choice”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reims, France
“Great choice”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I don't normally go to Chinese restaurants as I much prefer other cuisines, but this particular Chinese has seen me return time and time again when I am in Rapid City on business.

The lunch specials can not be bettered either for price, taste or quantity.

This restaurant is always busy with travellers and locals alike, providing quality meals at a fast food pace.

• Visited August 2013

Saintry sur Seine, France
“SO good”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

an excellent Chinese restaurant, with a lot of choice on the menu and friendly service. The food is really delicious.

Visited September 2012
Rapid City, South Dakota
“best Chinese in Rapid City”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have eaten here for 20 plus years and have never gotten a bad meal. I would recommend this to all that enjoy a GREAT meal. Buffet choice on Sunday's.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank cat57701
Shanghai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not bad”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The atmosphere is good but the food is not as good as some other Chinese restaurant nearby. The food is not bad but a little pricy than some.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank helen_helen_le
South Dakota
“The Phoenix Rises to the Top!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our visit to the Golden Shanghai came as a result of a recommendation and good reviews on TripAdvisor and we were definitely led in the right direction!
This was the best Chinese food I’ve had in a long time although I must qualify that I’d recently moved from Bismarck, ND where I found NO Chinese food really worth mentioning.
The food was good although the Mongolian Beef I ordered (medium spice) had no kick whatsoever but I have a feeling (considering the overall inattentiveness) that this may have fall on our waiter’s shoulders. The dish was also shy on rice noodles but overall the flavor was very good. My dining companion had a chicken shrimp combination that was also quite good. The sauce (garlic) was lacking in flavor but the large and abundant shrimp made up for it. My order came with soup and I ordered the hot and sour which was thicker than most and full of mushrooms and some chicken (a surprise!). The fried eggroll was large and full of flavor.
The menu says to ask if you don’t want MSG which surprised me. With so many people having sensitivities to it, many restaurants just forego it nowadays. We both asked to that it not be in our dishes but considering the headache and unquenchable thirst I had after dinner, I wonder if that request was honored.
Overall I give this place high marks as the atmosphere was pleasant and clean. The food tasted very good and came in plentiful portions which made it an excellent value. I’ll be back…I hear there’s a secret Korean menu!

• Visited July 2013