Rushmore Shadows Resort
US$151
US$143
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$95
SleepInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$135
Comfort Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$153
ComfortInn
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
QualityInn
US$225
US$208
  • Restaurant
Howard Johnson Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$204
HolidayInn.com
MainStay Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$87
MainStaySuites
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$94
All reviewscoast to coastnice rv parkconcrete padsmotor homebear countrypull thru siteslaundry facilities aretow vehicleminiature golfrv sitesreptile gardenscheck in was easywi fihome away from hometwo nightshill citysouth dakota
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The camp ground was beautiful and well kept. It had a very nice swimming pool. Green belts for the kids to run and have fun. Picnic tables which was a big help. It was only a few minutes from all the kids play grounds. I would recommend this camp ground to anyone and we certainly would go back.

Room Tip: We stayed at a campground not a hotel.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gonelikethewind
MidOutResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Rushmore Shadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind response. It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you our way again. Keep making those great vacation memories with your family and travel safe!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Staff was friendly, campground very clean. The kids loved the mini golf and pool! Would stay here again! We were close enough to visit Mount Rushmore, Wind Cave National Park and The Badlands National Park all in 2 days!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kristen H

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your family enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Safe travels wherever you may wander.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We actually came for a tour, and stayed for three days. We found everyone to be friendly. The resort is spotless. Everywhere you look you'll see someone mowing or cleaning. Would stay with again if we return to the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy B
MidOutResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Rushmore Shadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Rushmore Shadows Resort! Thank you for taking the time to write with your kind remarks and for giving us the opportunity to talk to you. Travel safe!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I placed a call to the 800 # to make reservations. First off, the woman that answered the phone did not state her name. Mistake #1 for not asking it. As the reservation process was underway, I was informed that if we stayed 4 days/3 nights, we could save well over $100.00 if we attended a 90 minute seminar explaining the other resorts they have. What RV park does that?? I reluctantly accepted. Mistake #2. As the process continued, after her taking all our credit card information (mistake #3), I told her that we only wanted a pull-thru. It was then she told me that she could request it but could not guarantee it. I told her that we needed a pull-thru only, again she repeated herself and said she could not guarantee it. I then asked her if we drove to SD and upon our arrival would not be able to have a pull-thru, we would be charged a one nights stay even though we could not stay?? I informed this woman that if she could not guarantee us a pull-thru space, I could not book with her and promptly hung up. We could not stay, so therefore I cannot rate the park itself. The woman that answered the phone squashed our plans to stay. There are plenty of other RV parks in this area that were more than happy to guarantee us a pull-thru and NO 90 minute seminar. I don't care how good a park is, if we wanted to sit thru a boring seminar, I would have contacted a financial investor!!
We are newbies at backing up. It took us two days to back up in a park in Pensacola. It was horrible! For those of you experienced ones that have no trouble backing up, my hat is off to you. It is an art. I have considered enrolling into a trucking school, just to learn. But until then, we must insist in pull-thru's only. If a park cannot guarantee us that, we will move on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank irishgreeneyes
MidOutResorts, Front Office Manager at Rushmore Shadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent call with one of our reservationists. We were sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience and we have shared your remarks with our staff. We understand how desirable pull thru full hook up sites are! The great guys in our maintenance crew are always happy to assist a guest if a pull thru site is unavailable when they stay with us. We hope the experience you had on the phone does not dissuade you from visiting the beautiful Black Hills for your vacation.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I wrote an original review back last year in August, 2013 that was less than stellar. Yeah..we had a few problems and were disappointed in the outcomes. We had traveled quite a long way for the Sturgis Rally and were absolutely thrilled to have Rushmore Shadows honor our Coast to Coast trip points for the rally.
Anyway..I wrote a nasty review and even stated where I was parked on the grounds. It wasn't very long after the review posted that the manager was knocking on my door offering anything and everything she could to help make our stay more pleasant!
I don't know about you folks, but perfection is difficult and there will always be a potential for problems, but when Management steps up as soon as they are aware and offer the world to make it right....Well there ya go....who could ask more?!? I asked TripAdvisor to remove my poor review as this place and people deserve a 'job well done' without my negativity.
This is a beautiful campground and it is very well maintained. We loved our stay and are hoping they will have us back real soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Mevman
MidOutResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Rushmore Shadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to update your review. We were happy that you let us know there was a problem BEFORE you left so that we had the opportunity to make things right. Safe travels where ever you may roam - we hope to see you back in the beautiful Black Hills of SD!