“Realistic expectations = a good time....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rushmore Waterslide Park - CLOSED

Rushmore Waterslide Park
Lynn Haven, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Realistic expectations = a good time....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Just driving by, you can tell this is no major waterpark with the latest and greatest rides.

It is good for an afternoon of sliding, especially if you have kids. The park is dated, but still very functional. $15 for an adult pass is pretty reasonable if you ask me. 3 and under are free, older somewhere in the middle. The bonus is you can bring your own food and drinks! Instead of paying $40+ for admission to a large park and $2 a bottle of water, this provides a relaxing, very affordable day of fun. The 4 middle slides are fun, bonzai slides are a blast, couple kids slides are fun, the lone tube ride is mediocre.... plus if you have a little one, you have to rent a $7 double tube ($3 back when you return it) but I guess that just equates to a $4 admission for little kids. The giant hot tub is pretty cool too!

I was very hesitant after reading some of the reviews on here but went anyway. Glad we did.

Careful on the bonzai slide... we had to stop by the ER on the way home after an adult in our party bonked his head going down. No fault of the park/slide, they are very fun... accidents happen.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank BADMFR

Kansas City, Kansas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good for kids.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The park is fun for kids, but there is not much for adults to do. There isn't much shade so even though we put sunscreen on several times everyone still got burned. Some of the slides are a little bumpier then we would have liked, but they were still enjoyable. With only 10 slides this is not something you can do all day long, 3 hours is about the limit.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Clan_MacLeod
Custer, South Dakota
“water park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We went to the Rushmore Waterslide Park and one of the slides quit working. We had to stop going double on another slide because it was leaking. If you did not use a mat and you could feel every rivet. The boys and my husband have red marks on their backs from the slides. At $14.95 each for the oldest who is 11, my husband and I, then another $11.95 for the other two boys. It was very expensive for what we got.

Visited June 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

It was expensive so I thought had to be good. NOPE I WAS WRONG! We stayed there for an hour and we were bleeding bruised and I had to see my chiropractor the next day. She thought I was in a car accident. Nope the slides just beat the crap out of me. FAIL WATERSLIDES!!!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Zeeberz
rapid city, sd
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“a few slides for the kids.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Adults are going to sit in the giant hot tub or at one of the picnic areas for the most part, while the kids run around. While that is typical of most water parks, this one just doesnt have a whole lot to offer as far as excitement. Also, it tends to have a very short open season and be closed due to weather a lot. They advertise mini golf too, but it is a small home-made course that really isnt much fun. I have taken my kids here in the past and had them ask to leave after a couple of hours.

1 Thank rpdmom