“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”

Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Mobridge, South Dakota
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I were in Rapid City for the Stock Show this past weekend. He had previously made reservations at the Travelodge so we stayed there the first night. It was a horrible disaster (see my review for Travelodge)! I got on Kayak and found this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel...new...clean...bar...restaurant (with a great breakfast buffet) and a courteous staff. If I had to find one thing wrong it would have to be the pillows. They were alittle too "fluffy". We could have used something firmer. We will definitely stay here every time we go to Rapid City!

Room Tip: We had a room (311) with a king-size bed and a walk-in shower. Finally...a hotel chain that didn...
1 Thank AVIDTRAVELER0828
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad you found us on Kayak. The Stock Show is a great event for Rapid City and we look forward to it each year. Next time let us know when you're coming or when you check in. We will have different pillow for you to try - hopefully we can find a firmer one for you to use. Or we'll get one for you. Our staff and I truly appreciate your business.
Tom Prestjohn, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Hot Springs, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My girlfriend left me a room key at the front desk. I went to the front desk and the lady made the assumption I was lying about it. After 15 minutes of waiting in the cold lobby due to the below zero temperatures I was finally able to get a key because I was on the room list. The clerks were extremely rude. I tend to stay at the hilton honors chains because of the quality of the beds. I will not stay here anymore.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank pdk07
Kathy V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your stay while you were in Rapid City. Let me apologize for the behavior that was displayed towards you when you were at the front desk. It troubles me to hear that you had this experience while at the hotel. Please call me and allow me the opportunity to make this right.

Lance - 605 791 9005
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was in Rapid City, SD for the Black Hills Stock Show. The staff at the hotel was very helpful in suggesting the easiest the route to the event. Conveniently located off Interstate 90, with restaurants, gas stations, stores close by. The room I had was quiet, and comfortable with a microwave and small refrigerator. The adjustable firmness of the bed was a nice plus! Would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank Susie W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

It doesn't get any better than the staff at this hotel. They are friendly, polite, and go overboard when it comes to making your stay enjoyable. The servers in the breakfast area not only keep the buffet well stocked but they are very attentive.

1 Thank Glenn K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I just completed a week long stay here at the HGI in Rapid City and will come back at any opportunity.

The accommodations have nice touches, are roomy and very comfortable. The beds have adjustable levels of firmness, which allows you to adjust to your comfort. The rooms have both a fridge and microwave as well.

The amenities at the hotel are nice, but more geared towards a business traveler than a family. The breakfast includes a self-serve buffet or made-to-order options like omelettes, pancakes or french toast. The hotel also includes a pool/hot tub and an ok exercise room.

The staff is very friendly and always willing to help with anything.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers but if I had a family, I would look for some different options.

1 Thank Chris A
Cary, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff were very courteous and provided an excellent customer service. Worth to stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel for stay in Rapid City either for business or for vacation. Rooms, bathrooms were cleaned and spacious.

2 Thank Bharatkumar K
Rapid City, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Easy to access, comfortable memory foam mattress, step in BIG shower. Roomy, Keurig coffee makers and the keys all worked the first time! The reception area was so comfortable with fireplace and stuffed furniture. Modern bar and restaurant is very appealing.

1 Thank Kirk D