“Almost Like Home”

Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Best hotel stay in 10 years of travel for work. I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and welcomed the New Year here and I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Very clean hotel and all of the staff take pride in their jobs. If you are going to be in the Rapid City area then this is the hotel for you!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor which is the top floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much. It's comments like yours that reinforce our team members are in the right career. I know they work very hard and are committed to giving great service and hospitality. We really appreciate your loyalty and choosing to stay with us. Safe travels-

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I recently stayed at the HGI in Rapid City on March 9th and 10th, and similar to previous visits, the hotel remains my top lodging choice in Rapid City. Great rooms (suites are very nice), great service and food (very good breakfast). The hotel is somewhat challenging to find (kind of hidden behind a hill) but definitely worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014

I glad you found us - we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to the next time you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Safe travels.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My stay was booked by my employer for a day-long business meeting. The conference room was well appointed and the staff was helping in setting up tables and phone. The room was comfortable and fairly quiet. Everything was clean and well maintained. Be prepared to pay for your breakfast -- it's not free here. The buffet was very nice, though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandra H

On the behalf of the entire staff - Thank you. It's good to hear your meeting arrangements went well. Your feed back is very important to us and we value your opinion. Think of us next time you're in Rapid City. Safe travels

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Excellent staff, room was great, great location within restaurants, shopping, clean lobby and all areas. All amenities were exactly what I needed. Price was what I expected for this area. exterior was also neat, clean and convenient parking. Staff are always helpful and cordial.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you - I look forward to sharing your comments with our team members. Everyone has great pride for our hotel. We strive to earn our guest loyalty and appreciate your kind comments. Safe travels, We look forward to seeing you again we you are traveling in our area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice facility, quite new building, easy access from highway and major streets, could hear neighbors and highway from room, food was good and hot, coffee and water always available in the Lobby, snow had been cleared from the parking lot which had several entrances

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a survey. Our team member appreciate seeing the scores you've given the hotel. Thank you for being a loyal guest. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very dirty looks as if they havnt been dusted in awhile beds were very very very hard even on the softest setting pillows were very hard. I was very disgusted with my stay will NOT be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank sjd1986
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I am terribly sorry for the inconsistencies in the quality of our service throughout your visit. Both Tera and I are in my office reading your email and this survey and we are extremely disappointed that your stay was so upsetting. We are talking and getting together our next plan. But first we wanted to reach out to you. Tera has left you messages. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Our team works very hard to keep every room and bathroom clean; we strive to exceed expectations every day. Please accept my sincere apologies for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at this location on 2-23 and 2-24 2014. When I left for Denver I forgot my sidesleeper pillow. When I called then the next day to make arrangements to recover it, The supervisor over the maid service told me she cannot find it. Being her crews service the rooms after each guest/mark leaves before anyone else enters the room, the logical explanation is someone on the maid service staff or other persons with access took it. Taking something that is not yours is stealing. I have never experienced a hotel that steals from its guest till I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn in Rapid City SD. I urge those considering a stay here not to. If you do and your stuff comes up missing the only thing you will get from the staff is "we did not see it or find it" No sorry, just a brush off.
Richard R

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard R
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone today. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this situation to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our teams, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Please be our guest the next time you are in Rapid City we'd appreciate a second chance to exceed your expectations. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Sincerely,