“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Columbia, South Carolina
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for three days recently. I had researched it on tripadvisor and we were very happy with our choice. We would highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, good breakfast and the staff was very helpful (especially Pearl at the front desk).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton Garden I, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, especially when it contains compliments for our staff member. Pearl enjoys her job and it really shows. I'm very happy she and our staff members were helpful to you. Thanks for your loyalty and think of us the next time you are in the Black Hills. Travel Safe, Tom and HGI staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Taunton
Reviewed 31 May 2014

A friend and I booked in here for three weeks and have found all staff, especially at the main desk, to be really helpful. It really is home from home, they have accommodated all our needs. The room is very comfortable with twin queen size beds, and cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. There is a constant supply of coffee/tea and hot water in the lobby 24/7, but for the length of our stay it was more convenient to buy a kettle to use in the room. (Quite cheap at Walmart) On leaving we'll give this to staff for others use. At Breakfast there is a hugs selection with specials every day, they will accommodate your needs, and as much as you can eat. The free shuttle bus has also been a lifesaver for us, taking us on any reasonably local shopping trips etc. Gene the driver has been a real help to us, guiding us through any probs we may have encountered as well as guidance for buying etc. I read many reviews here before I came, not all good, but from my experience after a week, I would definitely return here. Thank you guys for making our stay so pleasant. Thelma & Linda

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank starlight_44
Thelma & Linda,
It has been a great pleasure having you both as our guests. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you have enjoyed the Black Hills. I am looking forward to sharing your kind comments in our next staff meeting and with employees as I see them in the hotel. Again, thank you so much for choosing our hotel and your kind words. Safe Travels, Tom and HGI staff.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for a week about a month ago- I don't recall any complaints and I simply remember that I had a great stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was very friendly and very helpful- I went to them asking for numerous things, including how to deal with the weather (winds of up to 60mph which I have never dealt with) and what the local attractions/foods were. They reassured me and eliminated any concerns and I just had a generally good time here. As a general note though: if it's very windy (i.e. up to 60 mph), you will definitely feel the winds through the windows. I didn't find this an issue and just cranked up the heat a bit.

The inside restaurant is also quite nice- decently priced food and beer. I liked everything that I got, including the surprisingly good veggie burger/sandwich.

If I'm in the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Garden I, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. The team members are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and strive to make every guest experience an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next stay with us in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. The winds do calm down in the summer, we've had lots of moisture this spring and the hills are beautiful. Safe Travels, Tom & HGI Staff.
Bude, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We found this hotel to be clean and comfortable and had a nice room. I felt that everything was good except the breakfast. The coffee was cold there was no hot water that was actually hot to make tea and when I ordered oatmeal it was like glue and quite inedible. After two attempts at breakfast which was reasonably priced we gave up and went to Denny's just up the road.
Comfortable beds, pillows not so great. But we were made to feel welcome here. Not sure if we would choose it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. Thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. We are always listening to our guests!
Sincerely, Tom & HGI Staff
Carrollton, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our daughter's goal of seeing all 50 states before she finishes high school brought us hear on our turn through the mid & upper midwest. We were able to cover North and South Dakota from here and get in Mount Rushmore. Updated, clean hotel with a helpful, friendly staff. Conveniently located.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty. It exciting to hear your family is traveling all 50 staates. I think this is something many people haven't done. It's a great goal. Wish you guys safe travels. Tom and HGI staff.
United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is conveniently located for local Mt. Rushmore and other tourist areas. The location is close to good restaraunts and a nice mall for shopping. The downside of this visit was no HOT water or HOT coffee in lobby and lack of sugar for coffee available

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again. Safe Travels, Tom & HGI Staff.
Carrollton, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Steven H
What a great goal for your daughter and she's lucky to have parents helping her get to that goal. We wish you all safe travels. The you for taking the time and complimenting our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty. Sincerely, Tom and HGI Staff.