“Family Owned”
Review of Lazy "U" Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rapid City
Lazy "U" Motel
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Family-owned is always my first choice for hotels, restaurants, whatever. You can't beat the personal service and dedication of people who are personally vested in the success of their business.

If you're looking for a modest but extremely clean and well-maintained place to lay your head, this is it. I've stayed in dozens of hotels and motels, some pretty dive-y, some supposedly upscale. Of all of them, this is among my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The staff was amazingly helpful! The rooms were clean and pretty.
Can not say how much the staff helped with directions and advice as to the best places to see and eat. They were wonderful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kiddn
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This little motel was great! The owners were exremly helpful wih directions. Rooms were clean with plenty of HOT water for showers. Great locaion in downtown Rapid City, will definetly stay here again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family stayed here 2 years ago, so this was a return visit for us. This time, our group had 6 people, all adults. We had a room with 3 queens, which, with the senior rate, was only 89. plus tax. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom very clean, the bedspreads nice, and the tv/fridge worked fine. The room was quiet even though the motel is located on busy Mt. Rushmore Road. As I reviewed previously, the location is great--near many restaurants and close to downtown, but yet on the convenient road to Keystone. The proprietors are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

As I'm writing this review we are staying at the motel. Just checked in for the 2nd night so that we could go to the Central States Fair. My sister and I stayed in the motel at the end of May and I liked it so much that I decided to stay here again. When my sister and I stayed in May she, as a prior maid in a motel, looked for those little things. Couldn't find anything wrong at all. Now my daughter and I are staying here and we really like staying here. Very quiet. Love the pillow top mattresses and the new attractive carpeting. What we really noticed are that the shower head is up far enough that you don't have to scrunch down to get the top of your head wet which is a pet peeve of mine. Loved the Wi-fi and the flat screen TV. Price is great as well. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling in this area. Loved visiting with the owners. They are great down to earth ppl who care about you.

Room Tip: Stayed in back rooms. Easy in and easy out. I like that each parking spot is marked for your room...
1  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Nice clean motel where you felt they genuinely cared about making your stay pleasant. Rates are reasonable and within 16 minutes to the airport. We stayed in a room under a second floor so you can hear MINOR foot traffic. If this is a concern just ask for a room in the one story portion but I would not hesitate in staying in that room again - it was very minor, ended very early, and no where near as bothersome as you may find in some higher end hotels. Motel is on a busy road but the room was very quite in fact our room was next to the office and I cannot recall hearing any foot traffic or talking. Nice family restaurant next door. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great little hotel, with easy access to Mt. Rushmore area attractions, as well as the interstate to take you to further off locations.

Motel was quiet and clean, with a comfortable bed and a great shower. Wi-fi worked fine. Owners were friendly and helpful about the general area. We didn't spend too much time here, but we would definitely stay again if we ever come back to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple