“Winner of Best Night's Sleep in a LONG Time Award!!”
Review of Lazy "U" Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rapid City
Lazy "U" Motel
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

So a took a roadtrip this past weekend, and as I got ready to leave my mom asked where I was staying that night. Um, MOTHER?!? I NEVER KNOW WHERE I'M STAYING!! I am such a commitment-phobe that HOTEL reservations make me nervous!! What if I want to keep driving?? "Where am I staying?" (snort) So, I'm driving around downtown Rapid City. It's been a LONG day and I'm getting tired. I've got two requirements for a hotel - independent, non-chain, AND - if at ALL POSSIBLE - a real key. omG I hate key cards. But I digress. I don't know Rapid City at all, and I'm a little anxious because the only hotels I've seen so far have been Ramadas and Days Inns and the like, and then I found 'the strip'. You know the one I'm talking about - a little older section, and there were the independents. The Lazy "U" just happened to be the first one, and like I said - I was TIRED, so I pulled in. It should be called Lucky "U" instead of Lazy "U"!! This was the nicest hotel experience I've had in ages. Verlyn was SO nice and helpful with his recommendations and directions. My room was IMMACULATE. I've got some Bed Bug B Gone spray that I usually use no matter what, and I didn't even feel the need to unpack it in this room. Comfortable bed, color coded towels (white for bodies, colored for makeup removal). I look forward for an excuse to go back and stay here!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bridget B
Cindy B, Owner at Lazy "U" Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you Bridget for awarding us with the Best Night's Sleep in a LONG Time Award. We are honored to accept the award on behalf of our house keepers, who dust every top and vacuum every corner :) Seriously, we try to keep the rooms the way we would want a room if we were on the road. I will let Verlyn know you appreciated his knowledge of the Hills. We were happy to hear you liked the color coding on the towels and hope you get a chance to stay with again.

There are newer reviews for Lazy "U" Motel

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stumbled across this motel when I missed the driveway of another motel I was heading to. Surprised at the excellent quality of the room/beds/cleanliness/wifi speed/water pressure etc.
I
I would recommend this to anybody that wants a great room at a fair price.

Room Tip: they accept pets for a small fee
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank david a
Cindy B, Owner at Lazy "U" Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

David, Thanks for the thoughtful review. It is always nice to hear what is important to our guests. You mentioned the same things we like when we are traveling. Hope you get to stay with again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Family-owned is always my first choice for hotels, restaurants, whatever. You can't beat the personal service and dedication of people who are personally vested in the success of their business.

If you're looking for a modest but extremely clean and well-maintained place to lay your head, this is it. I've stayed in dozens of hotels and motels, some pretty dive-y, some supposedly upscale. Of all of them, this is among my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The staff was amazingly helpful! The rooms were clean and pretty.
Can not say how much the staff helped with directions and advice as to the best places to see and eat. They were wonderful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kiddn
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This little motel was great! The owners were exremly helpful wih directions. Rooms were clean with plenty of HOT water for showers. Great locaion in downtown Rapid City, will definetly stay here again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family stayed here 2 years ago, so this was a return visit for us. This time, our group had 6 people, all adults. We had a room with 3 queens, which, with the senior rate, was only 89. plus tax. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom very clean, the bedspreads nice, and the tv/fridge worked fine. The room was quiet even though the motel is located on busy Mt. Rushmore Road. As I reviewed previously, the location is great--near many restaurants and close to downtown, but yet on the convenient road to Keystone. The proprietors are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

As I'm writing this review we are staying at the motel. Just checked in for the 2nd night so that we could go to the Central States Fair. My sister and I stayed in the motel at the end of May and I liked it so much that I decided to stay here again. When my sister and I stayed in May she, as a prior maid in a motel, looked for those little things. Couldn't find anything wrong at all. Now my daughter and I are staying here and we really like staying here. Very quiet. Love the pillow top mattresses and the new attractive carpeting. What we really noticed are that the shower head is up far enough that you don't have to scrunch down to get the top of your head wet which is a pet peeve of mine. Loved the Wi-fi and the flat screen TV. Price is great as well. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling in this area. Loved visiting with the owners. They are great down to earth ppl who care about you.

Room Tip: Stayed in back rooms. Easy in and easy out. I like that each parking spot is marked for your room...
1  Thank Cheryl S