“Nice hotel, pleasant staff”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Nice hotel, pleasant staff”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very nice employees made me feel like my business was appreciated, I would recommend this hotel as it is very comfortable at a reasonable price. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and outstanding service from the front desk, cleaning service and maintenance!

Room Tip: Suites are nice
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 22 October 2013

cant say enough about this place. staff was excellent,and very helpful. our rooms were excellent, very nice and clean. breakfast was good, everyone enjoyed. Great location, plenty room for parking. Pool was lots of fun for all. close to shopping places and restaurants. our family reunion here was a blast! would recomend this hotel in rapid city as a top ten for sure.

Room Tip: presidental suite for sure
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My first day at an AmericInn. This location is located close to a movie theater, restaraunt, Target. The hotel is clean and cheery. Staff is great. Beds are comfy, rooms clean, and a great breakfast. Would stay here again, as you cannot beat the price and value you get for it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Denver
Reviewed 22 October 2013

i stayed very recent had a few questions went to front desk and was informed that the new front desk manager had not been back for a few hours and wasn't sure when she would be the gal that was there was very helpful but i kind iof feel like the desk is on its own. i did have a wonderful sleep the bed was a piece of a cloud had sweet dreams!!

• Stayed September 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent customer service, clean rooms. Kids ha a blast in the pool and waterslide. Can't wait to come back to The Black Hills and stay here again. They also give you passes to the indoor water park in town. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed October 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was checked into my room promptly, however when getting to the room it was filthy,
The carpet un-vacuumed with what looks like a lot of pet hair, food crumbs and dirt.
The coffee table with sticky spots, dirt and crumbs.
The bedding with dirt spots on it.
The bathroom floor not mopped with dirt and shoe prints all over.
Half pot of cold coffee from what I assume the guest whom stayed prior in the room.
Reported to front desk. Came back 2 hours later to find the vacuum outside my door, the floor halfway vacuumed with 2 wets spots in front of the fridge and the bathroom floor not touched. I went to the front desk but found a line to the door of people waiting to check in. I went ahead and took the cleaning solution hanging from the vacuum and wiped the coffee table and bathroom floor down. I also found a housekeeping cart and changed the bedding. No managed availabe and no response to email sent 4 days after stay.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HAK208
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that we have fallen below your expectations during your stay with us. We strive to maintain a high level or customer service and customer satisfaction. We have addressed these issues with the appropriate staff in order to avoid anything like this happening again. Again, we are very sorry. Thank you.
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and did not have a problem so can imagine my surprise when I was checked into a dirty room. Upon check in, I dropped my things on the bed and headed off to my appointments. When I returned, I discovered all the lights were on in my room. There were small crusted noodles on the floor and used toiletries in the shower. My conclusion was that either they were there before and I did not notice or someone had been in the room after I had checked in. I reported the problem to the front desk in the morning and asked that it be cleaned. That night I was given a run around by the front desk who was more concerned in explaining to me why it would have been dirty rather than just cleaning the room. I was also told that there was no supervisor on duty on the weekend. They would leave him a note and he would contact me at his convenience. Excuse Me! So, not having many options, I had to stay a second night in the filth. Finally was able to make contact with a manager upon checkout who assured me that my experience was not the norm (yeah right, have you read the reviews!) and he made it clear that he could give me a partial refund but it was out of character to do so. I took pictures to send to their corporate office, including the dirt, tissues, and debris beside and behind the nightstands. Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank L T
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very sorry that we fell short of the expectations you had during your return visit at our hotel. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room, the lack of service of the front desk and the many issues that arose during your stay. We would like to assure you that your concerns have been heard and will be addressed with our staff. Thank you.