AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$119
SleepInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$162
Comfort Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$190
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$216
The Rushmore Hotel & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$283
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$126
Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$223
HolidayInn.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$134
TripAdvisor
Howard Johnson Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$1,494
Cancelon
US$93
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssteam roomwafflespool and water slidepresidential suitebiscuits and gravyhot breakfastthe breakfast areacomfortable bedsnice roomfront desk staffstaff was friendlyroad tripblack hillsmt rushmoremotelcerealtarget
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I just checked out of the Americinn in Rapid City. I noticed a $4.95 "Destination Fee" on my bill. When I called the front desk and asked about it, they were eager to remove the charge "if I hadn't used any of the amenities." When I got to the front desk i asked if the fee was valid, had I used the pool. The front desk clerk explained that the fee covered their coupon book that has freebies at Deadwood, Lead, and Keystone. They charge that fee to every room now if yo don't catch it...
WHAT A SCAM! Watch your bill. This is nothing more than trying to wring $4.95 more than the advertised room rate out of their patrons.
By the way, I stayed in the two-room king whirlpool suite. The last person to use the whirlpool had long dark hair. Since I got back to the room at 9:00 in the evening, I cleaned it myself. When I told the front desk, there was no offer of compensation or even an apology. I will be complaining to the corporate headquarters as well. I choose Americinn because of the Easy Rewards Club and other great experiences at this brand. Never again for the Rapid City AmeriSCAM.

Room Tip: Rapid has a lot of hotels and the winter rates are fantastic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank wishitwerebetter
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The Destination Fee is an option we want all of our guests to have access to. It enables our patrons to over $125 in savings on entertainment throughout the Black Hills. It also enables our property to give back to the community in numerous ways. (i.e. : The Re-Opening of Mt Rushmore, Community Benefits, etc.) I would love to speak with you further if you have any questions, or would like to speak to me personally about your bill.

Andrew Spiess | Assistant General Manager
aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com
605-343-8424

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My fiancee and I last minute decided to see Mt. Rushmore. So we went westward and suprisingly the American Inn was cheap and very well taken care of. Can't complain; waterslide, hot tub, complimentary breakfest, and comfy bed. Also since most places to stay near the monument were closed for the season, it was little drive. (20 miles or so)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your time in reviewing our property. I am very glad to see that your stay with us was enjoyable. We look forward to the next time you visit us!

If there is anything we can help you with, such as future bookings or; if you have questions about our membership program, feel free to contact us at (605)343-8424 or email me at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you.
Andrew Spiess | Assistant General Manager
Rapid City AmericInn

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very dissatisfied. Very loud in lobby. Pool area was a mess and way over crowded with no towel ever there. And to top it of I was charged higher amount than told and was taken out of my account 2xs and didn't even get an apology from the manager. And said lethim know if its not back in my account within 4 days......not cool.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank kaydkayl2
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I would first like to personally apologize for any billing errors. Please, feel free to call me direct at 605-343-8424 to discuss any further action needed. Also, I would like to apologize for the noise in the lobby. During the time of your stay, we were running at full occupancy given the events taking place in town. Please, feel free to contact me for any further action needed. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

a much awaited get away was tarnished when a supposed computer glitched us out of a beautiful suite the second night we had booked it. Was very noisy anyway hearing anyone running down the halls, late night hollering inside and outside hotel, so not much sleep. Be sure to check what's going on in the city so may not deal with all that!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for recent review of our property. We do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I would like to personally apologize that the room you had requested was unavailable. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room, and found value in the hotel. I would like the oportunity to make this up to you the next time you travel through the Black Hills. Please, feel free to contact me or ask for me personally for your next reservation. Thank you for you business.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Dental office recommended hotel as it gave "medical" rates if traveling from out of town for procedures.This wasn't true. Room was adequate. Breakfast could be improved, gravy too watery for biscuits.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family