“State AAU Trip”

Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Clark
“State AAU Trip”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Not a bad hotel over all, the staff I interacted with were pleasant and helpful. My only complaint was the two rooms that I had were not the cleanest, and the bedding was very sloppy. All in all I would probably stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I would like to personally apologize that your expectations were not met while staying in our property. I strive for excellence for both myself and my staff, and we will address the issues you presented with our housekeeping staff.

I hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations should you be in the area. I would be more than happy to personally assist you in making a reservation myself. I can be reached at the hotel at (605) 343 - 8424 or at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Rapid City AmericInn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Phil helped us check in. He was overwhelmed with two groups but managed to check us in as quickly as possible, with no mistakes, and provide us with a quiet and restful stay. He was exceptionally accommodating and we would definitely stay here again... Especially if we knew Phil was working.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your time in reviewing our property. We appreciate all feedback, and I am thrilled to see that your stay was so enjoyable. I also want to extend a 'Thank You' from Phil, who was very appreciative of your kind words in his sake.

We look forward to seeing you again, should you be back in the area. You can always call us at (605)343-8424, or email me at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com
Thank you again!

Wyoming
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I just checked out of the Americinn in Rapid City. I noticed a $4.95 "Destination Fee" on my bill. When I called the front desk and asked about it, they were eager to remove the charge "if I hadn't used any of the amenities." When I got to the front desk i asked if the fee was valid, had I used the pool. The front desk clerk explained that the fee covered their coupon book that has freebies at Deadwood, Lead, and Keystone. They charge that fee to every room now if yo don't catch it...
WHAT A SCAM! Watch your bill. This is nothing more than trying to wring $4.95 more than the advertised room rate out of their patrons.
By the way, I stayed in the two-room king whirlpool suite. The last person to use the whirlpool had long dark hair. Since I got back to the room at 9:00 in the evening, I cleaned it myself. When I told the front desk, there was no offer of compensation or even an apology. I will be complaining to the corporate headquarters as well. I choose Americinn because of the Easy Rewards Club and other great experiences at this brand. Never again for the Rapid City AmeriSCAM.

Room Tip: Rapid has a lot of hotels and the winter rates are fantastic
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank wishitwerebetter
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The Destination Fee is an option we want all of our guests to have access to. It enables our patrons to over $125 in savings on entertainment throughout the Black Hills. It also enables our property to give back to the community in numerous ways. (i.e. : The Re-Opening of Mt Rushmore, Community Benefits, etc.) I would love to speak with you further if you have any questions, or would like to speak to me personally about your bill.

aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com
605-343-8424

Travellers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Winona
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My fiancee and I last minute decided to see Mt. Rushmore. So we went westward and suprisingly the American Inn was cheap and very well taken care of. Can't complain; waterslide, hot tub, complimentary breakfest, and comfy bed. Also since most places to stay near the monument were closed for the season, it was little drive. (20 miles or so)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for your time in reviewing our property. I am very glad to see that your stay with us was enjoyable. We look forward to the next time you visit us!

If there is anything we can help you with, such as future bookings or; if you have questions about our membership program, feel free to contact us at (605)343-8424 or email me at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you.
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very dissatisfied. Very loud in lobby. Pool area was a mess and way over crowded with no towel ever there. And to top it of I was charged higher amount than told and was taken out of my account 2xs and didn't even get an apology from the manager. And said lethim know if its not back in my account within 4 days......not cool.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank kaydkayl2
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I would first like to personally apologize for any billing errors. Please, feel free to call me direct at 605-343-8424 to discuss any further action needed. Also, I would like to apologize for the noise in the lobby. During the time of your stay, we were running at full occupancy given the events taking place in town. Please, feel free to contact me for any further action needed. Thank you again.
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

a much awaited get away was tarnished when a supposed computer glitched us out of a beautiful suite the second night we had booked it. Was very noisy anyway hearing anyone running down the halls, late night hollering inside and outside hotel, so not much sleep. Be sure to check what's going on in the city so may not deal with all that!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for recent review of our property. We do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I would like to personally apologize that the room you had requested was unavailable. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room, and found value in the hotel. I would like the oportunity to make this up to you the next time you travel through the Black Hills. Please, feel free to contact me or ask for me personally for your next reservation. Thank you for you business.
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Dental office recommended hotel as it gave "medical" rates if traveling from out of town for procedures.This wasn't true. Room was adequate. Breakfast could be improved, gravy too watery for biscuits.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family