“Good stay and helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Green Isle, Minnesota
“Good stay and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent four nights here, beginning on June 2, 2014. It was a very nice stay and we would stay here again. When we arrived at the hotel, about mid afternoon, we were greeted and checked in by Phil at the front desk. They had a price on their sign facing the interstate that showed a price about $15 less than we had booked for. When we asked about that, he adjusted things so we received the advertised price. Our first room, a King suite (Rm 230) was really nice. The internet did not work, however, probably because it was a corner room and the wireless didn't work very well. We needed the wireless because of family medical issues, far away, and the internet was where we met for updates, etc. When we called the front desk, Phil himself came upstairs. Took us to another room (that turned out to be a family suite), and made sure we were able to connect to the internet. He then told us we could move into that room.

It was actually a family suite, RM 227, It was huge and had a tub and a shower. Two TV's, micro and fridge and a very comfortable bed (the one nearest the living room area) the other bed was very soft, so we were thankful we had a choice. The internet was very strong in this room. There were two TV's, and the one in the living room/dining room area was huge. I could watch TV on it without my glasses (usually a must). That TV also could be swiveled toward the other King bed, the one in the alcove so you can watch TV in bed if you want.

The A/C worked great. The sheets were nice, not fancy and there was no pilling on the sheets, either. The micro and fridge worked great, too.

The pool was nice. Children we saw in the pool were having a great time on the water slide. The hot tub was hot, but not too hot. Greatly appreciated the adult swim time from 10pm until Midnight. It was easier to relax when there were not children playing in the pool and squealing, etc...and just plain being kids. We went in during adult swim all but one night.

The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. It was all carbs, and there was very little fruit or yogurt, either. There was a waffle maker, but sugar free syrup was a rare find.All but one morning though, I was able to get at least a little of it for my waffle. Next stay, we will probably go out for breakfast. They do have sausage gravy and fresh baked biscuits. Hubby really loved that and ate it all four mornings, for breakfast.

We were originally scheduled for three nights, but decided we wanted to extend our stay. This time we talked to Andrew, who was just a friendly and helpful as Phil was. The family suite we were in was booked for that last night, so he put us in the Presidential Suite. Talk about going above and beyond...this hotel has some of the best and most friendly staff we have ever encountered. I am attaching pictures of both the family suite (rm 227) and the Presidential Suite (rm 224)

Rom 224 a (presidential suite) has a gas fireplace and a nice little hot tub. We were happy to be able to spend a night in there. It's a little tired, the carpet is worn, the bed way too soft, but it was still VERY nice.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and use as base for our sightseeing trip. Phil and Andrew both went above and beyond to get us in a room we would be comfortable with, and a price that didn't bust our budget. We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in Rapid City. ,

Room Tip: If you need a very firm bed, ask to check the bed before accepting your room. They apparently vary q...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flowerladytoo
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay! Phil and I were more than happy to help you in any way we could. I'd also like to thank you for those amazing pictures you took of our hotel!

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel soon.
Thanks again,
Andrew Spiess
aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in a suite for four nights-family vacation. Room had stained furniture and stained/burned marked carpet. Breakfast had no protein and the coffee was awful. Overworked and under-trained staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I hope that next time you're in the area we can get another chance to exceed your expectations, as we will use your review to better our hotel. For instance: we have recently added hot options to our breakfast including sausage and scrambled eggs.

Andrew Spiess
Saint Paul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel does not value keeping their pool and general areas clean. Very noisy rooms with doors slamming at all hours of the day and night. The pool was murky and made us sick, and there were wet towels left all over the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Theresa B
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your time in writing us a review. I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I have already spoken with our maintenance team about the pool water, as well as our Ecolab representative to determine the chemical balance.I also have addressed the issue of our pool area being kept clean with our front desk staff and public area housekeepers to avoid future discomfort to our guests.I have also spoken to our Night Auditors about the slamming doors at night, and have asked them to keep an eye out during the night to prevent this inconvenience from repeating itself.

I apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay, and I will use your review to improve our hotel for our future guests. Thank you again for your time, and I hope you will give our property another chance to exceed your expectations.

Rapid City AmericInn
Beenleigh, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just completed a road trip and stayed in 12 different motels. This was by far the very best. It was also the cheapest. It was very clean and the bed was oh so comfortable. There was nothing about this motel to complain about.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne P
Thank you for your time in writing a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! I hope the next time you're on a road trip, we see you again!

For future reservations our number is 605 343 8424, or if you would like you could book through myself directly. My email is aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you again.

Rapid City AmericInn
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here over Memorial day weekend and when I called to get room rates I was told $159 a night, a few days later I was told $109 but he said I will give you a discount and do it for $99. When I stopped in to get the room he was on the phone telling people $79 a night. Don't trust what they say. The pool was disgusting, they put so much chlorine in it that the fumes burned my eyes and I was not able to stay in it. They also had no clean towels for the pool area. The pull out bed was so bad you could feel all the springs, my kids wouldn't even sleep on it. I will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Klee_8_2014
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than excellent. We strive for excellence from our staff, and I will be addressing the issues that you had with them.

I would like to discuss your stay further with you, so that I can make corrections where they were needed and prevent these issues from repeating themselves. My email is aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you again for your time.
Spencer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Highly recommened staying here especially with children. Staff upon arrival and departing were so helpful and friendly. Swimming pool and hot tub nice and clean.The slide was a big hit with our 3 kids. Next time we are in Rapid City we will definately be checking in here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Tebrina L
Thank you so much for your review of our property! I'm glad you had such a great time at our hotel. We always love to hear that our guests enjoy our facilities. I look forward to seeing you again when you're in town.

If you would like any assistance with your next reservation, you can always call us at 605-343-8424 or you can email me at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thanks so much!
Brookings
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I checked in at 1 am with desk help that was awesome! Went to our great big room, comfortable beds (2) and a roll out couch! We are a family of 5 who had trouble finding a hotel with a roll away. This place rocks!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Christy Z
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very proud to have the ability here to accomodate a number of guests. We hope you come back soon!

If you would like any assistance booking your next stay, feel free to give us a call at 605-343-8424. Alternatively, you can email me at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you!