We spent four nights here, beginning on June 2, 2014. It was a very nice stay and we would stay here again. When we arrived at the hotel, about mid afternoon, we were greeted and checked in by Phil at the front desk. They had a price on their sign facing the interstate that showed a price about $15 less than we had booked for. When we asked about that, he adjusted things so we received the advertised price. Our first room, a King suite (Rm 230) was really nice. The internet did not work, however, probably because it was a corner room and the wireless didn't work very well. We needed the wireless because of family medical issues, far away, and the internet was where we met for updates, etc. When we called the front desk, Phil himself came upstairs. Took us to another room (that turned out to be a family suite), and made sure we were able to connect to the internet. He then told us we could move into that room.
It was actually a family suite, RM 227, It was huge and had a tub and a shower. Two TV's, micro and fridge and a very comfortable bed (the one nearest the living room area) the other bed was very soft, so we were thankful we had a choice. The internet was very strong in this room. There were two TV's, and the one in the living room/dining room area was huge. I could watch TV on it without my glasses (usually a must). That TV also could be swiveled toward the other King bed, the one in the alcove so you can watch TV in bed if you want.
The A/C worked great. The sheets were nice, not fancy and there was no pilling on the sheets, either. The micro and fridge worked great, too.
The pool was nice. Children we saw in the pool were having a great time on the water slide. The hot tub was hot, but not too hot. Greatly appreciated the adult swim time from 10pm until Midnight. It was easier to relax when there were not children playing in the pool and squealing, etc...and just plain being kids. We went in during adult swim all but one night.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. It was all carbs, and there was very little fruit or yogurt, either. There was a waffle maker, but sugar free syrup was a rare find.All but one morning though, I was able to get at least a little of it for my waffle. Next stay, we will probably go out for breakfast. They do have sausage gravy and fresh baked biscuits. Hubby really loved that and ate it all four mornings, for breakfast.
We were originally scheduled for three nights, but decided we wanted to extend our stay. This time we talked to Andrew, who was just a friendly and helpful as Phil was. The family suite we were in was booked for that last night, so he put us in the Presidential Suite. Talk about going above and beyond...this hotel has some of the best and most friendly staff we have ever encountered. I am attaching pictures of both the family suite (rm 227) and the Presidential Suite (rm 224)
Rom 224 a (presidential suite) has a gas fireplace and a nice little hot tub. We were happy to be able to spend a night in there. It's a little tired, the carpet is worn, the bed way too soft, but it was still VERY nice.
Overall, this was a great place to stay and use as base for our sightseeing trip. Phil and Andrew both went above and beyond to get us in a room we would be comfortable with, and a price that didn't bust our budget. We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in Rapid City. ,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located off I-90 (Exit 59) in Rapid City, South Dakota. While staying at the AmericInn Rapid City hotel, make time to explore the area, including a visit to the incredible Mount Rushmore, the equally inspiring Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park, Custer State park, South Dakota casinos and the stunning Black Hills National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Rapid City
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Americinn Hotel Rapid City
- Americinn Rapid City