“Too many problems”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Lacks bang for the dollar. The hotel needs to make repairs and replace the carpet in room 112, fix the lights situation in room 132, lock the back door so people need to use their key to get in as designed for security reasons and fix the hot tub.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny B
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to see that you did not seem to enjoy your stay, however we will use your feedback to make sure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

I have discussed the issues you brought up to our maintenance team and will be working to fix them as soon as possible.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I liked this hotel a lot. The beds were the most comfortable Ive sleept at in any of the hotels we stayed at our entire trip. THe front desk was very accomodating to any needs that we had. Me and the family enjoyed the breakfast as well- a lot of places seem to charge for breakfast now a days. I definately will recommend the brand and hope to stay at other locations in the future. Thank you to everyone at the AmericInn!

Room Tip: The hotel gives you a discount card that gives you a lot of discounts to their other properties in t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jjeffries647

Thank you for your time in reviewing our property. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad that you enjoyed our sister properties benefits!

I hope to see you again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent four nights here, beginning on June 2, 2014. It was a very nice stay and we would stay here again. When we arrived at the hotel, about mid afternoon, we were greeted and checked in by Phil at the front desk. They had a price on their sign facing the interstate that showed a price about $15 less than we had booked for. When we asked about that, he adjusted things so we received the advertised price. Our first room, a King suite (Rm 230) was really nice. The internet did not work, however, probably because it was a corner room and the wireless didn't work very well. We needed the wireless because of family medical issues, far away, and the internet was where we met for updates, etc. When we called the front desk, Phil himself came upstairs. Took us to another room (that turned out to be a family suite), and made sure we were able to connect to the internet. He then told us we could move into that room.

It was actually a family suite, RM 227, It was huge and had a tub and a shower. Two TV's, micro and fridge and a very comfortable bed (the one nearest the living room area) the other bed was very soft, so we were thankful we had a choice. The internet was very strong in this room. There were two TV's, and the one in the living room/dining room area was huge. I could watch TV on it without my glasses (usually a must). That TV also could be swiveled toward the other King bed, the one in the alcove so you can watch TV in bed if you want.

The A/C worked great. The sheets were nice, not fancy and there was no pilling on the sheets, either. The micro and fridge worked great, too.

The pool was nice. Children we saw in the pool were having a great time on the water slide. The hot tub was hot, but not too hot. Greatly appreciated the adult swim time from 10pm until Midnight. It was easier to relax when there were not children playing in the pool and squealing, etc...and just plain being kids. We went in during adult swim all but one night.

The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. It was all carbs, and there was very little fruit or yogurt, either. There was a waffle maker, but sugar free syrup was a rare find.All but one morning though, I was able to get at least a little of it for my waffle. Next stay, we will probably go out for breakfast. They do have sausage gravy and fresh baked biscuits. Hubby really loved that and ate it all four mornings, for breakfast.

We were originally scheduled for three nights, but decided we wanted to extend our stay. This time we talked to Andrew, who was just a friendly and helpful as Phil was. The family suite we were in was booked for that last night, so he put us in the Presidential Suite. Talk about going above and beyond...this hotel has some of the best and most friendly staff we have ever encountered. I am attaching pictures of both the family suite (rm 227) and the Presidential Suite (rm 224)

Rom 224 a (presidential suite) has a gas fireplace and a nice little hot tub. We were happy to be able to spend a night in there. It's a little tired, the carpet is worn, the bed way too soft, but it was still VERY nice.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and use as base for our sightseeing trip. Phil and Andrew both went above and beyond to get us in a room we would be comfortable with, and a price that didn't bust our budget. We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in Rapid City. ,

Room Tip: If you need a very firm bed, ask to check the bed before accepting your room. They apparently vary q...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flowerladytoo

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay! Phil and I were more than happy to help you in any way we could. I'd also like to thank you for those amazing pictures you took of our hotel!

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in a suite for four nights-family vacation. Room had stained furniture and stained/burned marked carpet. Breakfast had no protein and the coffee was awful. Overworked and under-trained staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I hope that next time you're in the area we can get another chance to exceed your expectations, as we will use your review to better our hotel. For instance: we have recently added hot options to our breakfast including sausage and scrambled eggs.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel does not value keeping their pool and general areas clean. Very noisy rooms with doors slamming at all hours of the day and night. The pool was murky and made us sick, and there were wet towels left all over the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theresa B
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your time in writing us a review. I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I have already spoken with our maintenance team about the pool water, as well as our Ecolab representative to determine the chemical balance.I also have addressed the issue of our pool area being kept clean with our front desk staff and public area housekeepers to avoid future discomfort to our guests.I have also spoken to our Night Auditors about the slamming doors at night, and have asked them to keep an eye out during the night to prevent this inconvenience from repeating itself.

I apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay, and I will use your review to improve our hotel for our future guests. Thank you again for your time, and I hope you will give our property another chance to exceed your expectations.

Rapid City AmericInn

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just completed a road trip and stayed in 12 different motels. This was by far the very best. It was also the cheapest. It was very clean and the bed was oh so comfortable. There was nothing about this motel to complain about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne P

Thank you for your time in writing a review of our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! I hope the next time you're on a road trip, we see you again!

For future reservations our number is 605 343 8424, or if you would like you could book through myself directly. My email is aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you again.

Rapid City AmericInn

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here over Memorial day weekend and when I called to get room rates I was told $159 a night, a few days later I was told $109 but he said I will give you a discount and do it for $99. When I stopped in to get the room he was on the phone telling people $79 a night. Don't trust what they say. The pool was disgusting, they put so much chlorine in it that the fumes burned my eyes and I was not able to stay in it. They also had no clean towels for the pool area. The pull out bed was so bad you could feel all the springs, my kids wouldn't even sleep on it. I will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Klee_8_2014
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than excellent. We strive for excellence from our staff, and I will be addressing the issues that you had with them.

I would like to discuss your stay further with you, so that I can make corrections where they were needed and prevent these issues from repeating themselves. My email is aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Thank you again for your time.