AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Rapid City(Rapid City)
  • Pool
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)
Rodeway Inn(Rapid City)
Econo Lodge(Rapid City)
View Hotel
All reviewssteam roomwafflespool and water slidefamily suitebiscuits and gravythe breakfast areacomfortable bedsnice roomhot breakfaststaff was friendlyblack hillsroad tripmt rushmoremotelcerealtargetinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

First the pool is way too small. Plus they didn't tell us there was $7.95 a day destination fee that was to go to a water park close to the hotel. The breakfast was the worst I have ever had at a hotel.

1  Thank Jay R
AmericInn L, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to apologize that our policies were not explained to your satisfaction at check in. I hope you were able to enjoy all of the discounts and benefits granted by our guest rewards card. Receiving a free Watiki Indoor Waterpark Pass is one of several benefits, totaling over $125 in value.

Should you have any questions or would like to speak to me further about your stay, feel free to contact me at aspiess@rapidcityamericinn.com.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Upon arrival, our room looked like someone had just gotten out of the bed, the bathroom was filthy, towels had makeup on them and the floor had piles of hair here and there. The room we were moved into had a very uncomfortable bed, the sofa sleeper was about as comfortable as the floor and the bathroom sink took a long time to drain. Both rooms had dirty foul smelling carpets. We decided to cut our 5 night stay to 2 and the staff did not express any interest in our concerns.

2  Thank Martha J

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. I will use your review to further the training of my housekeeping and front desk departments. I hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

there was funny smell to the room, there were smuddgies on the bedspreads. The biggest issue was there was bugs in the room. We found beattles in the bed and on the floor. My wife was in bed and a beattle dropped in there hair from the top to the bed area. I also found a roach on the floor. There were multiple bugs on both nights. I did complain the staff and my answer from the front desk was kind of thing happen when the weather gets hot and the exterminator was out a few day ago and I guess we are going to have to call them out again... No appologies or call the next day to see if the issue had presisted.....
The breakfasf area was a mess both days!!! There was about 20+ people in line and only one person working the breakfast areas. There were two customer service representative at the front desk doing nothing while guests waited and got more frusterated. The areas an hour before breakfast was over was out of boiled eggs, coffee, waffle mix, hot sausage and eggs, breads and bagles. The one lady working the areas was clearly overwheled!! Why couldn't the staff members on th front desk lend a hand????
There was a sign that you could see from the freeway that stated room starting at $99 (bate and switch). When I inquired about this they told me that the only rooms they had were startingt at over $200 and the sign was for people staying a week at a time!!!! I saw several people asking about the $99 deal and all left frustrated....
Also in addition to the issues mentioned above when i checked out the front desk clerk would not give me a bill or take of the incedental charges until I presisted....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mario M

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry to see that you did not have a pleasant stay with us, and would like to personally apologize. I have addressed the concerns you presented with my entire staff to avoid any inconvenience to our guests in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The third floor was infested with bugs, stayed in two different rooms and each had box elder looking bugs or beetles coming from ceiling and in bathtubs. Would not recommend to friends or stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. I assure you that the problems you addressed have since been corrected by my maintenance staff.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would avoid this AmericInn - it does not meet the usual standards of quality.
Our first room had a leaking shower, wet floor and visable mold. The staff couldn't keep up with breakfast and the area was a mess - ultimately, we had to leave and eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Jennifer B

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with our maintenance and housekeeping departments to ensure quality experiences in the future.