“Needed a bed”

Country Inn Rapid City
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Even though we were there for only six hours, it was a nice stop. We had traveled all day and was needing to travel fast and hard the next day. We checked in at 1:00 am and check out at 8:am the next day. But the bed was so comfortable, I felt as though I had a long nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My experience was similar to previous reviewers. Upon check out, I realized there was an $8 per day charge for “Rewards”. The front desk told me it was something I signed for upon check-in. They said it was in the fine print. What a joke, no one during check-in mentioned it or even promoted the discount card. While they did remove the charge, it is my opinion they do this just to pad the bill and rip people off. I am sure quite a few people see it buried aside taxes and just pay it without question. Be warned of this!

As to the hotel facilities, they are ok but nothing special. The breakfast buffet is a 6 on a scale of 10. Just good enough to keeping you from wanting to pay for breakfast at Denny’s across the street but not good enough to look forward to every morning. Fee coffee is available all day. We stayed 4 nights and breakfast was slightly different every day which helped. Also, the TGIF adjacent to the property was handy for dinner and drinks at TGIF bar. This is a convenient location to see the Black Hill sights such as: Badland, Custer State Park and Deadwood.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Savvy-TravelerUSA
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Country Inn Suites in Rapid City on our way Mt Rushmore. We were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. The front desk staff was very helpful with information on restaurants & tourist info. The pool area was nice, water slide and 2 hot tubs. The breakfast had very good food with several different choices. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights. Room very nice, but quite noisy. Nice Staff, but I think more training is needed. When I queried the Destination Marketing & Reward charge on the bill, I was told that it was for the discount card given at check in. I said that I had been led to believe that the card was a 'perk', especially as the first discount mentioned was for TGI Fridays, next door to the hotel. At no time during check in was I told that there would be a charge for the card. The girl I queried the charge with got the form I signed at check in out & pointed to my signature & some of the small print above it, saying you signed for it. If I had been told that there was a charge ($7.95 plus various taxes of 68c per day) I wouldn't have taken it, as the only discount I used was for TGI Fridays & the discount received was less than the amount I was charged by the hotel for the card.
What a rip off.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue r
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stopped at this location with a Hotel Coupon before 1:00 PM. When we went into the hotel we were told all those rooms were gone but for an additional Approx. $50.00 we could get a room. I found it hard to believe before check in time all the rooms from the Hotel Book were already gone, with an empty parking lot. I feel this hotel advertises in the Hotel Coupon book just to get you into the hotel and then sell you an outragous priced room. We were smart enough to say NO THANK YOU. It would have been our first time at this hotel chain and I can assure you it was the last time we even considered this chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bernadette1221
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

First I would like to apologize for the experience that you had. The coupon that is available does have a few restrictions. It is based on availability and also not valid during special event weekends. Unfortunately, you arrived in Rapid City during the Real Estate Convention and the coupon was not valid on both of those restrictions.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed three nights and was pleased with my visit. The hotel is clean and quiet. Prices in the pantry/sundry store are high. Pool water slide was fun. Restaurants are nearby. Easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if you return to the Black Hills.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Three friends and I stayed here on vacation. The rooms were very clean, the pool was larger than most hotel pools and very clean and the exercise room had good quality equipment. All of this is great, but the staff made it a wonderful experience, especially a lady named Laura. The folks were extremely accommodating to be sure that our visit was memorable for all the right reasons. Two thumbs up. P.L.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends