“Extremely accomodating, comfortable and perfectly located.”

Country Inn Rapid City
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
“Extremely accomodating, comfortable and perfectly located.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed there for three nights in late April just after Easter. The room was inexpensive yet large (2 tvs!!!), bathroom was bright and immaculate, and the curtains were thick and kept out sunshine when we wanted to sleep in. Plenty of drawers and space to put our stuff, and lots of outlets for electronics. Free, fast, easy to connect wifi kept us connected to the world. The breakfasts were far above average, exceeding our expections to say the least. Three kinds of juice, skim & 2% milk, coffee, about 8 different pastry varieties, a few cereals, oatmeal, brown sugar, dried cranberries, granola, sausage links/polish sausage, eggs, potatoes, waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit...it was AMAZING! We started our adventurous days with bellies full of good food! The pool was small, but had a neat slide, and the two hot tubs were nice. The staff was extremely helpful both before we arrived with booking and during our stay with recommendations and suggestions. They had FREE freshly made chocolate chip cookies avaible right at the counter. The location was prime: connected to a TGI Fridays meant we could have a couple drinks later and walk to our room. A gas station was right across the street, and a shopping area was about a quarter mile behind the hotel. I-90 was one stoplight away, which made hitting the road for adventures easy. I could go on and on.....

The entire three day stay cost me ander $180, but would've an easy $100 more. It was just perfect...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Fustus
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay. All of us here at the Country Inn and thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate all the feedback and will continue to strive to provide excellent customer service. We hope to see you again if you return to the Rapid City area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I spent 1 night there a few weeks ago. I had stayed there a couple weeks prior with a friend and thought the room was clean so decided to go with it again. I think this is a good hotel if you are just needing a clean place to sleep. He and I decided to go to the hot tub, which we found was somewhere around luke warm which was disappointing, and when the jets turned off I made the mistake of looking down at the bottom of it and was so disgusted at how filthy it was that I immediately got out. The room was decent enough though small, so I wouldn't recommend for a family. The breakfast wasn't the quality I had hoped for either. So overall it's fine, but I doubt we will ever stay there again. I really hope they give a lot of attention to the pool area as everywhere you looked it was deteriorating and was not clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaciJ2014
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues during your recent stay. We strive to give all of our guests a great experience and I apologize for falling short during your stay. Thank your for bringing them to my attention. I will certainly be passing the hot tub issue onto my maintenance crew so that they can look into the issues you reported. It is important that we receive our guests feedback so that we can fine tune our operations. I hope that we may get another opportunity to show you the quality that we strive for in our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further I would be more then happy to do so.

Johnnie Sack
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights not long ago. The front desk staff was very friendly, the continental breakfast was soo delicious (our compliments to the chefs!), and the location was good. They accommodated us in the king suite we requested a day earlier after a mix-up in booking! Free cookies for the kiddies. Friendliness is always a major win for me!!

My only thing is that the pool area is dated a bit. I did enjoy my swim with my kids but the water slide itself was pretty strong--it's not for weak swimmers. My 6 year old couldn't use it. The hot tubs weren't that great, they were a bit off color and had sand or dirt at the bottom, and emitted some kind of smell--enough so I couldn't stand it & my kids couldn't either. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay here!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Poetlover
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you return to the Rapid City area.
SLC, UT
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites for a week and could not have been happier with our accommodations. The room was very clean and comfortable for our family of 4. It was also very quiet although I think with it being the off season, the hotel was not really full until the last day of our stay. Regardless, we were on the first floor near the breakfast room and never had any problem with noise. The breakfast had a different variety of items every day including little omelettes, sausage, potatoes, bagels, toast, muffins, french toast, yogurt with granola, fruit, cereal and doughnuts. There were also 4 different kinds of juice. Our favorite part was the coffee cart just outside the breakfast room that had hot coffee, tea, cider and hot chocolate any time of day. The staff were all very friendly and always asking if we needed anything. It was a convenient location just off the freeway and within 20 to 60 minutes of everything you'd want to see in the area. It was the perfect home base for our visit to the black hills.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank taj24
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Everyone hear at the Country Inn and Suites is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that if you return to the area we will see you again.
McCook, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This appears to be a fairly new hotel. It was in great shape, the free morning breakfast was good, and my kids enjoyed the pool and pool slide. Everyone was very friendly, especially the housekeeping staff. With all taxes and fees we paid around $60 a night for a group of 4.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to seeing you again if you return to the Rapid City area.
loveland colorado
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

For 75 bucks we got a king suite. Room had plenty of space 2 televisions all the basic amenities and then some. Very clean rooms awesome staff nice warm pool and large selection of breakfast choices. We were amazed by what we got for the price.

• Stayed April 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had a wonderful time while visiting in Rapid City, S.D. I try to make it a point on letting management know when I've had excellent service. I was greeted very welcomely. Any questions that I had were answered very eagerly. Breakfast was great. Next time My family is in town we will definitely go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family