“Feels like Home”

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Cary, Illinois
“Feels like Home”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

First time staying here, had my dogs with me. The staff makes you feel welcome and as if you were at home. The cookies are great. Kiyle at the front desk meets you with a great warm smile and could not do enough to make you feel welcome. If your looking for a great place to stay this is the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Johnnie S, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you felt like you were at home. We understand that sometimes traveling can be stressful and our main goal is to make our guests feel at home. Kali is a great addition to our Front Desk staff and we are lucky to have her. We look forward to seeing you again if you return to the Rapid City area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Watford City, North Dakota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great location, beautiful and clean. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms with awesome beds, pillows & bedding. We love going to Rapid city for occasional weekends away, I made the mistake of finding a cheaper hotel. BIG mistake!!! It was so bad we didn't even stay. Checked right back out and went right over to Country Inn and vowed to never stay any where else other that Country Inn & Suites!!! Wonderful hotel! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. It delights me to know that we have a guest that will always stay with us! The staff works very hard to make all of our guests feel at home when they stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stay one night at this hotel. The check-in was fast and we were greeted very nicely. Our room was very nice. The bed was a very comfortable king size bed. Everything was working, except the heater fan had to run all the time. We reported it and the response was excellent. Breakfast was okay, cause we have had a much better breakfast there. Not sure if it is the menu or off season for tourists. We always park our car in back -- more room and easier to get in and out of. We will stay again when we are in Rapid City.

Room Tip: Park in back -- much easier to get in and out of!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Johnnie S, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for talking the time to write a review on our hotel. It is always fun to see a returning guest leave a new comment. We are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed another stay at our property. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed there for three nights in late April just after Easter. The room was inexpensive yet large (2 tvs!!!), bathroom was bright and immaculate, and the curtains were thick and kept out sunshine when we wanted to sleep in. Plenty of drawers and space to put our stuff, and lots of outlets for electronics. Free, fast, easy to connect wifi kept us connected to the world. The breakfasts were far above average, exceeding our expections to say the least. Three kinds of juice, skim & 2% milk, coffee, about 8 different pastry varieties, a few cereals, oatmeal, brown sugar, dried cranberries, granola, sausage links/polish sausage, eggs, potatoes, waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit...it was AMAZING! We started our adventurous days with bellies full of good food! The pool was small, but had a neat slide, and the two hot tubs were nice. The staff was extremely helpful both before we arrived with booking and during our stay with recommendations and suggestions. They had FREE freshly made chocolate chip cookies avaible right at the counter. The location was prime: connected to a TGI Fridays meant we could have a couple drinks later and walk to our room. A gas station was right across the street, and a shopping area was about a quarter mile behind the hotel. I-90 was one stoplight away, which made hitting the road for adventures easy. I could go on and on.....

The entire three day stay cost me ander $180, but would've an easy $100 more. It was just perfect...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Fustus
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay. All of us here at the Country Inn and thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate all the feedback and will continue to strive to provide excellent customer service. We hope to see you again if you return to the Rapid City area.
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I spent 1 night there a few weeks ago. I had stayed there a couple weeks prior with a friend and thought the room was clean so decided to go with it again. I think this is a good hotel if you are just needing a clean place to sleep. He and I decided to go to the hot tub, which we found was somewhere around luke warm which was disappointing, and when the jets turned off I made the mistake of looking down at the bottom of it and was so disgusted at how filthy it was that I immediately got out. The room was decent enough though small, so I wouldn't recommend for a family. The breakfast wasn't the quality I had hoped for either. So overall it's fine, but I doubt we will ever stay there again. I really hope they give a lot of attention to the pool area as everywhere you looked it was deteriorating and was not clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaciJ2014
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues during your recent stay. We strive to give all of our guests a great experience and I apologize for falling short during your stay. Thank your for bringing them to my attention. I will certainly be passing the hot tub issue onto my maintenance crew so that they can look into the issues you reported. It is important that we receive our guests feedback so that we can fine tune our operations. I hope that we may get another opportunity to show you the quality that we strive for in our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further I would be more then happy to do so.

Johnnie Sack
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights not long ago. The front desk staff was very friendly, the continental breakfast was soo delicious (our compliments to the chefs!), and the location was good. They accommodated us in the king suite we requested a day earlier after a mix-up in booking! Free cookies for the kiddies. Friendliness is always a major win for me!!

My only thing is that the pool area is dated a bit. I did enjoy my swim with my kids but the water slide itself was pretty strong--it's not for weak swimmers. My 6 year old couldn't use it. The hot tubs weren't that great, they were a bit off color and had sand or dirt at the bottom, and emitted some kind of smell--enough so I couldn't stand it & my kids couldn't either. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay here!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Poetlover
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you return to the Rapid City area.
SLC, UT
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites for a week and could not have been happier with our accommodations. The room was very clean and comfortable for our family of 4. It was also very quiet although I think with it being the off season, the hotel was not really full until the last day of our stay. Regardless, we were on the first floor near the breakfast room and never had any problem with noise. The breakfast had a different variety of items every day including little omelettes, sausage, potatoes, bagels, toast, muffins, french toast, yogurt with granola, fruit, cereal and doughnuts. There were also 4 different kinds of juice. Our favorite part was the coffee cart just outside the breakfast room that had hot coffee, tea, cider and hot chocolate any time of day. The staff were all very friendly and always asking if we needed anything. It was a convenient location just off the freeway and within 20 to 60 minutes of everything you'd want to see in the area. It was the perfect home base for our visit to the black hills.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank taj24
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Everyone hear at the Country Inn and Suites is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that if you return to the area we will see you again.