“Business training”

Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Business training”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Great hotel - the staff was more than helpful, courteous, friendly and assisted in making the stay very pleasant.
The business suite was set up for a small group- large table with 7chairs and a white wall to use for the presentations.
The location is not in Rapid City- a ways from the main roads- but there is a grocery store across the street and a couple places to eat.

Room Tip: I rented the business suite to do training of a small group. It worked great!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
ZEB E, Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thanks for your wonderful review Jan! As you discovered we are located at a much more peaceful exit then what is offered along the busy Rapid City interstate exits. Across the road from us is a full-service (small town) grocery store, a Pizza Hut and a bank. Within a two mile radius are three restaurants. We offer most of the conveniences of the big town, but without all of the crazy traffic and noise. I'm happy you utilized our business suite and that it exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to let us and everyone else know how well we did during your stay in the beautiful Black Hills.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
BLACK HAWK
Reviewed 27 November 2012

First let me say the staff was great! Now, that is the loudest room I have ever been in! There. Must be zero insulation as we heard everything above, below, and beside us. Also, very tiny bathroom, and very small breakfast. Definitely spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

David, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We strive to provide a great overall experience for all of our guests and I'm sorry we didn't deliver on what so many other guests agree is what sets us apart from other hotels. The one thing I was happy to read was that you were impressed with our staff. We occasionally receive complaints about noisy guests and if we are made aware of such facts we always address the issue and resolve the complaint. Did you talk to our staff about the noise during your stay or at check-out at all? If so we would have done everything we could to make it better for you. We were not busy during that week so we would have moved you to a different room if necessary. You stayed three nights by taking advantage of our current, "stay 3 nights, save 20 percent" promotion, but you suffered from noise the whole time? If that was the case it never should have happened. While our bathrooms are not large, they certainly have never been called tiny. Our breakfast room is only at full capacity when we have a full house, and offers so many choices that have always pleased most everyone. Once again I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and I hope you will give us a second chance to prove that our facility is worthy of your stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2012

With this hotel you get free (though I found spotty and inconsistent) Wi-Fi, a nice breakfast in the morning, and friendly front desk staff, as well as access to a bar with $2.50 beers and something they call the "Ramada Mart". There were a lot of parties going on, so my stay -- overlooking the lobby -- was a little louder than I would have liked. Plus, if I recall, there are a couple of lacking niceties such as a refrigerator and microwave. The fan in the bathroom was lacking. Laundry is inexpensive -- $1.00 per washer/dryer load, which is pretty nice. This was a solid stay overall.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RoadTripToSFO
ZEB E, Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thanks for your great review and helpful comments. We like to think of our hotel as "pretty solid" as well. We cater to a wide clientele and yet always maintain a family friendly atmosphere. Our "Cape Lounge and Casino" offers a cozy and relaxing place to unwind with friends and family. The Ramada Mart offers a good variety of food and anything else you could possibly need during your visit; all at reasonable prices. While our regular rooms do not offer fridges and microwaves, for a litte extra our spacious suites do. Because of suggestions like yours our owner is considering putting fridges and microwaves in all of our rooms. Once again we appreciate the feedback and would be happy to see you back soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Great hotel for business. Staff is friendly and accomadating. Breafast is great. Only complaint is they should have cream cheese at breakfast- pretty minor.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review. We really appreciate our guests traveling on business and try to accomodate them in every way possible. As you probably noticed we offer free wi-fi and if you didn't bring your laptop or other Internet accessible device we have two guest computers to use in our lobby for your convenience. I'm glad you enjoyed our extensive hot breakfast, but I do apologize that we ran out of cream cheese. We will work on maintaining inventory so that doesn't happen again.
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My daughter and I were passing through on our motorcycles and stayed here for 5 nights. The rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful and friendly, and it is close to all the things we needed to see and do.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 80HD
Thanks for taking time out of your day to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your lengthy visit to our Ramada. I'm very glad that during your stay you always experienced the best that we have to offer, including clean rooms, friendly staff, and central location. We can't wait to see you again on your future trips to the Black Hills.
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Four of us stayed for bike week. We were charged $283.00 a night when we checked in the card on the back of the door stated $200/night. I contacted the Manager (Cort) who was rude and uninterested in helping. I contacted Robin (605) 229-8071 at Corporate who passed the buck back to Cort, (Manager) (605) 787-4844. I spent more time on the phone trying to get my money back that I did work that day. NOBODY would help yet rather kept passing the buck. When I finally called Court (Manager) on the property, he told me my credit card was credited, IT WAS NOT, it was another party in another room. I've since tried numerous times to contact him, left message NO CALLS RETURNED! The woman that answers the phone says he's not in (doesn't matter if I call in the morning, afternoon or evening) he's never available! I wish I had a job I got paid for and did NOTHING!! NEVER again will I or anyone I come in contact with stay at a Windham Hotel IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! The staff at the hotel is wonderful and kind, it's the management and upper management that's not worth anything. Unfortunately, Management and Corporate has left me with no other alternative to get my money back but to take Legal action to get my money back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Michael, our pricing during the Sturgis Rally is comparable to similiar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies. Since the time your review was published I hope you feel we have resolved this issue to your benefit.