“A Very Good Hotel”

Ramada Summerset Rapid City West
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have been crossing the country the past 2 months and staying mostly in budget accommodations. This was one of the best hotels in which I stayed. I choose it based on its proximity to I-90 and Mt Rushmore. It is clean, efficient, friendly, and affordable. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Dawn K, General Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you Thank you Thank you:) The entire staff at Ramada Summerset/Rapid City West is more than grateful that you have noticed how determined we are to provide the best product--service and property --to our guests. We love that you took the time to put it out there for all to see. Come back and see us sometime!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just spent 3 nights at your Summerset Ramada in Blackhawk, s.d. It was the most comfortable experience of hotel service ever! Wonderful staff, clean rooms, GREAT breakfast buffet, quiet environment, comfortable bed...All the ammenities for the lowest price imaginable!
We will return again and highly recommend your Hotel to others!
Austin,mn

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Dawn K, General Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. It is always refreshing to hear that the hard work of the entire staff is noticed. We at Ramada Summerset/Rapid City West take great pride in our facility and the top-notch service we provide. We would love to host you again in the future:) Thanks again!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Dawn K, General Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Reviewed 1 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I understand all experiences are different, but I can't for the life of me understand the poor reviews below. My kids and I stayed here for two days while my home was being renovated, and the experience was superior. I homeschool my kids and they were worked comfortably in the room and the common areas. Internet access was flawless, customer services was overwhelmingly friendly, and the GM was kind enough to give me my same extremely low rate for our second night (even though the rack rate was considerably higher). The pool and hot tub area is the cleanest I've ever seen in a hotel. I've stayed in hotels 6-8 times the nightly rate (no exaggeration) and been less satisfied, so I recommend the place wholeheartedly. For locals, it's a great staycation!

Room Tip: I only had one room, on the second floor, and it was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JoshBarsch

Thank you, Josh, for the kind review of our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as guests as your children were extremely pleasant and well behaved. It is so great for the staff to hear that their efforts make a difference. We have a fantastic staff that is always going the extra mile. Please, come stay with us again when you feel it is time for another staycation:) Thank you again!!!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for 5 years in a row but in 2013 they changed ownership and general manager and front desk staff and their customer service went down hill from that point. The rooms are a bit dated and could use some updating...our tv had a crack I the screen and our non smoking room had cigarette holes in the couch. The cleaning staff did a nice job keeping it clean. The bad....the front desk staff never cracked a smile, they were rude and clueless to any questions we had. The general manager was even worse. She was rude and ignorant to her customers needs. I would NOT recommend this as a place to stay, there are many more choices in Rapid City that would treat you right and love to have your business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you CK5 Transport Company for the review of our hotel. We are sorry that we were not able to make the changes you requested during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Keeping rooms out of inventory would not be a wise decision for our hotel. The majority of Rally attendees book January 1 in order to secure a hotel for the event. Holding back a group of rooms until May and then releasing them at no charge would not be a good decision for us. Rally bookings after the month of May are very hit and miss. I am sure that the past General Manager informed you of this when he declined that request. We appreciate you letting us know of the problems in your guestroom. After double checking maintenance records, we have found no record of any guest informing us of both the TV and the holes on the couch. Immediately following your review, our maintenance addressed the problems. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Comparatively, there is no better buy in the Northern Black Hills during the winter. Priceline has a 35 dollar no bid price. That is incredible for this hotel. Plus it is quiet and there is a nice grocery and shopping center across the road. The staff was also very nice. The only complaint I could even imagine is that the rooms are not Suite size like my favorite hotel in Hot Springs, USA Stay.

Room Tip: Don't be on the ground floor, it is quieter upstairs. The pool is nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

We are so appreciative for your review of our hotel!! Thank you for noticing that our staff is top notch:) We would love for you to stay with us again. Let me know when you are coming and we can put you in one of our large suites! Free upgrade (if available) for taking the time to review! Thanks again Rich!!