This hotel is located roughly mid-way between downtown Rapid City and the I-90 interstate. Close to most things you need such as shopping and restaurants providing you have a car. Good value for the price we paid via Hotwire for 3 nights in the last week of July.
It's a very clean property. Great staff and they provide a decent breakfast in a cheerful environment. It also has a nice indoor pool area complete with two hot tubs. If you are there on one of the right nights, you get free snacks and drinks.
Now, some minor criticism. Even though in good condition, the TV and some of the furniture needs upgrading. Our second floor room was located at the back at car park walkway level. This meant we had to keep our curtains closed all the time we were there because of the pedestrian traffic looking in. If it wasn’t for those negatives, we would have given the hotel a higher rating.
It still hasn’t stopped us from recommending the hotel to others as it was a great base to visit Sturgis, the Black Hills, Mt Rushmore, SD Air Space Museum at Ellsworth AFB and Deadwood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson in Rapid City, South Dakota, constructed in 2002, is family-owned and features 97 oversized guest rooms including 32 suites and nearly 2,000 square feet of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites
- Howard Johnson Hotel Rapid City
- Howard Johnson Rapid City Sd
- Howard Johnson Express Rapid City
- Rapid City Howard Johnson