“"Room cleaning at their time or your SOL"”

Hampton Inn Rapid City
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 November 2013

It seems the window in which you room get cleaned is 8am or else. I stayed at this property for 4 days straight and got my room cleaned once during the period. Day 1 no issue. Left room at 9am room was cleaned upon return. Day 2 no cleaning requested because I did not desire to hear somebody knocking on my door at 8:01AM. Day 3 walked right by maid sevice at 9:01am who saw me leave and upon my return at 4;30pm my room was left untouched. I found it weird that a bag of towels, soap, ect... would be placed outside my room at 9:01am? For 3 days no trash has been removed from the room. The only gaurantee that on day 4 the room will be cleaned is because I will be checking out. This experience was during the off season when hotel rooms are priced at their lowest levels. In the absense of basic services the price becomes the most important factor. I will be staying at Grand Gateway Hotel on my next rotation into this area simply because it's 1/2 the price of the the Hamton Inn price of $90+ dollars per night. I am a Hilton Honors Silver member since 05/2003.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Randi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed that you went through some inconveniences while staying with us. I understand that you found your room not cleaned during some of the days you stayed with us. I assure you that this is very rare to happen; however, I can empathize with your disappointment. I assure you that I have spoken to our housekeeping staff regarding your comments so that this does not happen again.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Rapid City

Reviewed 7 November 2013

All of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is very clean and breakfast was great. This property's staff provides exceptional customer service! The rooms are modern and the internet service was top notch. I would stay at this property again on my next trip to South Dakota and I would recommend to anyone visiting South Dakota to stay here!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Hampton Inn in Rapid City was a great place to stay during a recent conference I attended in that city. Staff was courteous and helpful at every turn. I will definitely stay there again when I return.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. Although there is not a hotel shuttle, the hotel uses a service for airport pick up and delivery. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and the taxi service is extremely inexpensive in comparison to my home town. I would recommend adding a store to the hotel for water and food items for those folks that do not want to venture out of the hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a great place to stay. Friendly staff, clean hotel. As a Hilton Honors member it's what I've come to expect from Hampton Inn. The night desk clerk even went to the kitchen and got my son a glass of milk to go along with the complimentary cookies that are on the desk each evening. She certainly went above the call of duty.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Staff was friendly and most helpful. I got in late and it was cold and rainy and staff gave me some snacks complimentary. Next day I had a meeting room that was terrific. The property is nice and well located near many restaurants and the I90 interstate. I ahve stay in a lot of Hampton Inns and they have been great. Love them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our room was awesome. It was our anniversary so we got a suite. Clean and very comfortable. Loved the fireplace and the whirlpool. The 2 seperate rooms with there own tvs. That was nice. We will be planning on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple