“Excellent option for a quick stop over”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
San Francisco, California
“Excellent option for a quick stop over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stopped off here for one night while driving from Chicago to San Francisco. This was the best place we stayed during the entire trip. Cambria Suites was not too expensive considering it was brand new, had a full restaurant (which we did not expect), a better gym than most, and very friendly staff. Very convenient to Hwy 90 and right next to Cabela's. The suite layout was nice. It was great to just get up, have a full breakfast downstairs, pack up, and go. We didn't need anything else. It was perfect. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Motorcycle Friendly!

A fairly new place, Cambria Suites gets a somewhat mixed review from me, but still comes out on top. We rented a king suite for a week and the layout was somewhat awkward - small bathroom, wall dividing the couch/TV area was a half wall with open partitioned top wall and funky decor. It was tight getting into the room but we did like the wall furniture at the front of the room - it gave you extra storage areas, the microwave and fridge were right there, but it did crowd you coming into the room. The space around the bed was limited, with the small closet right next to one side of the bed.

The bed was comfortable, but the tall mattresses meant that the sheet and two thin blankets were too short for tall people. And, the comforter/bedspread kept sliding off the bed. The bathroom was fine, the shower was great (some hotels have terrible shower heads), and there were plenty of towels.

The front desk staff was great (thank you, Derek for all your help), the bar/restaurant area always seemed understaffed, but everyone at the hotel pitched in to help out. They offer fresh made omelets and eggs made to order and their fresh fruit was wonderful; a nice assortment overall for breakfast. The shuttle drivers were great (thanks, Roger and Eric!) but for us, the nicest thing for us was the concessions made for those riding motorcycles - specific area of overhead parking and a motorcycle wash, complete with chamois cloths. Their maintenance man, Dennis, came up with that perk!

Housekeeping was a little hit or miss, but they have a program training interns from places like Russia and Thailand, and we thought that was a good thing so we didn't let it bother us. One quick call to the front desk provided you with anything lacking.

Had we known the area, we may not have selected a hotel on the far east side of Rapid City which is the furthest from the areas we wanted to visit. However, we really felt at home for the 5 days we were there and the small things weren't so big a deal. It was a comfortable place to return to after a long day on the bike, had a comfortable bed and was a quiet room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Yankton, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have used Cambria Suites for the last couple years when I travel personally and for work. Actually, this is the only hotel I will stay at, my family will stay at, my whole agency will stay at, and our other collateral agencies will stay when we come into town. This hotel has a better restaurant than any other place in rapid. I would choose to eat there before any where else. There food is gourmet, and has large portion. It is priced extremely reasonable for the portion amount. There is absolutely no complaints about there staff! They are so accommodating, professional, and family oriented. They have known me by name since I have started going there. I love there little room welcome packages, makes you feel at home while being away from home. Cambria should pride themselves in the integrity of the staff. If I was the owner of that hotel I would have such pride. The food, staff, cleanliness, professionalism, and family orientated atmosphere is what brings the regulars back. I hope those that need to chose a hotel, that treats you like there family/friends: chose this Cambria for there stay. You will feel welcome, and never choose another hotel for your stay in rapid. Big shout out to Jasmine, current cook, current server(sorry bad with names), shuttle driver, current receptionists, and cleaning staff. I was there in May, and can't wait to go back. Love cambria, and we'll see you all soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brooketrips J
Grenora, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at a previous hotel the night before and found it unsatisfactory to us so chose Cambria Suites. The price was higher than I felt it should have been. Room was very clean, beds very comfortable. I do though appreciate it when hotels wash there duvet covers every time and leave a note on the bed saying this. (I have only seen this at one hotel ever in Great Falls, MT). I inspect rooms very extensively as cleanliness ranks extremely high on my list when staying at a hotel. Ours met my expectations. With three kids I appreciated the hide-a-bed and not a roll-a-way. Pool and hot tub were great and open 24 hours! Was a little worried about the noise as our room was very close to the bar/food area but we never heard any noise at all. Not even from the guests staying in the room above us. The staff was great and friendly. Hotel is close to I-90 and shopping which was nice. The only complaint I have is that when you are traveling with a family of 5 and are on vacation, a continental breakfast would be nice to save a little extra money. This hotel doesn't have that so we opted to run to Wal-Mart and purchase food to keep in the hotel for breakfast. Besides, according to my husband, the food for breakfast on the buffet for $10.99 per person didn't look as good as what you would get at most hotels with a continental breakfast. But I would still definately come back. Great hotel, highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We got a great rate at this hotel (though later I checked and it was 2 1/2 times what i paid). The hotel is fabulous! Lots of room in the suite for our family of 5. Everything was brand new. Wish we could have stayed longer. We had stayed the previous night east of the Badlands, visited the Badlands in the morning, checked in here around 1:00 pm, and then headed out to Mount Rushmore. Headed out the next day from this hotel to see Devil's Tower. This hotel was very convenient to the interstate. Their staff are very professional. The kids enjoyed the nice indoor pool that evening as well. Can't wait to see more Cambria Suites brands show up in other cities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

If you need to stay at a hotel in Rapid City... This is a must! The hotel room is fabulous, there is a gorgeous Large bathroom, there is a separate family room from your bedroom, it felt like we were staying at a loft not a hotel. The hotel is brand new! This is the best hotel we've stayed at on our week long trip! Five Stars!!!!!

Stayed June 2014
Boardman, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is such a nice place to stay near Mount Rushmore. I price lined this hotel and it was worth every penny. It's just so clean and comfortable. Each room has a work/living area and a sleeping area. This is wonderful if you have children with you, because you can watch tv in two different areas or let kids sleep while you have some privacy. The rooms have a fridge and microwave. The bathrooms are nice and modern. The place was really spotless. This is a wonderful hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family