“Thank You”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Staff was friendly and knowledgable. The shuttle took us downtown for supper and picked us up afterwards. The driver was prompt and curtious. Clean and quiet rooms. Great hotel. Would stay again next time I am in town. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My sister and I reserved a room several days before arriving in Rapid City. I called the day before to change our room preference and the staff was quick to make the changes. When we arrived, we were quickly checked into a double-queen room that had a spa feel to it.
Even though we arrived during the opening of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the room was cool and quiet. We opted to use room service rather than battle the motorcycle traffic, enjoying a delicious meal while relaxing in the suite's living room.
It was a terrific choice, close to shopping, restaurants and quick access to highways. I would recommend the staff services, location and amenities to those wanting a restful stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Priceline while heading east from Wyoming. Had no idea what we'd get, but really pleased to have our bid accepted at Cambria. Cookies on arrival and our choice of floors. Told the front desk we needed to do laundry and got a room right across from the guest laundry, near the pool and ice machine. Very convenient for us when we hit the road again the next morning.

Staff was friendly, room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. We had some room service, took a swim, and hit the hay. Breakfast buffet the next morning was good - omelet station! - and affordable.

In the future, I'll definitely stay here again and look for a Cambria in my travels elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Friendly staff. Big, clean rooms. New and very nice decor. Great pool area with hot tub. Pool is open 24 hours which we didn't need, but is good option. There are restaurants and shopping near by. Comfortable beds.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Live to vaca B
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while on business in the area. This is a very nice hotel with all the necessary amenities. The on site restaraunt and bar are great. The meatloaf is awesome as are the pretzel pops. The rooms are clean and very well appointed. This is my go to hotel when in the area.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Checked into this hotel during the Sturgis rally and was very concerned about noise but was pleasantly surprised at the quiet atmosphere amidst a chaotic weekend. My three boys had the awesome pool almost to themselves and enjoyed going back and forth from hot tub to pool. I will say that when I tried to call the reservation number I had difficulty because the man on the phone wouldn't allow me to book a room for 5 people because it exceeded the capacity for the room, even though 3 of the 5 were young children. When I called the hotel directly, they had no problems booking the room for 5 people and it was $20 cheaper than the reservation line. The next day I booked rooms for my family that would be coming into the area and they got their rooms $18 cheaper than I did. Hotel has a nice looking restaurant on site, but service was lacking. We really wanted to dine there, but the people working there kept looking at us and never offered to seat us. We went across the street to Quaker Steak and Lube, the food was okay but the kids really loved the fun atmosphere, and we were seated and served right away. My parents did eat at the restaurant the next night and said it was delicious and the prices were right. The room itself was nicely decorated, clean and there was a nice divider that seemed to give us a separate room from where the kids slept. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upon checkout I found out they had family suites, but none were available when I checked in. That w...