“Clean and friendly”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here for a week while in Rapid City for work. As I do with all of my reviews, I will break it down by the good and the bad.

The Good

I must say that the staff was very friendly and the food was very good. I was impressed with the very reasonable prices. The room was always clean when I came back from work and it was a pleasant stay. I was pleasantly surprise to find a welcome gift bag with water, some goodies and a welcome card. That was a very nice touch. Lastly, the hotel has weights! One of the few hotels that I've seen with dumbbells.

The bad
Hotel lady changed the temperature of my room one day and I came back to a freezer. Also, the bed was a little uncomfortable and the layout of the room made it a little cluttered in the bedroom. As soon as I woke up and stood up from the bed, the closet door was in my face.

Other than that, I will certainly stay here again! Just make sure you time your gym visits as it was pretty busy in the mornings the week I was there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is our favorite home away from home when we visit Rapid City for business travel. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff is amazing and the food is delicious! They offer an excellent happy hour at the restaurant with our personal favorite...the pretzel lollipops. We always look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We spent one night here. It's clean and nicely furnished, and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast is not included, which is a disappointment when considering other Comfort Suites (same hotel chain) I've stayed in provided free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Felicia C
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were in Rapid City over the weekend to attend a wedding with family. This is truly a wonderful hotel. The staff was very professional and courteous. We had plans to go out to Mt. Rushmore for the evening lighting so decided we would just eat in the restaurant. The food was delicious!!
Don't miss the freshly baked cookies at the desk!! We ate breakfast both mornings at the restaurant where you could order off a menu or enjoy the buffet. They had made to order
omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, pancakes and several different bagels as well as several juices and coffees. All this for $9.95 per person.
The rooms are all suites with two TVs, comfortable king beds and very nice bathrooms. We had a wonderful weekend staying at the Cambria Suites.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We spent one night at this motel. newer. bed was good. main issue is they put us in a handicapped room, not sure why. the sink was not a vanity and or not much place to put your stuff. as room for wheelchair.

room had a stale hotel odor. surprised since fairly new. windows didn't open.

otherwise ok. not far from airport. on the outskirts of rapid city.

breakfast not included.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff is wonderful and I wish that I would have had more time to explore the other The hotel lobby was beautiful and there were plenty of key card activated access doors to prevent you from having to lap around the hotel to get outside.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed in Rapid City for Four nites at the Cambria Suites. What a wonderful Hotel. The staff were very helpful and curtious. We had a great room, and the attention to detail was second to none. Very high end.We travelled all over the state and retired every evening to our nice suite. Home away from home.
The staff did everything possible to make our stay a good one. They even had a nice fire pit. Great idea.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. Top level.