“Wonderful King Suite”

Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Ida Grove, Iowa
“Wonderful King Suite”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel looks great on the outside and inside.The workers at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The dining area is very spacious and the breakfast foods were great. A worker promptly refilled breakfast foods. One day they will have scrambled eggs and the next they will have a cheese omelet. I also liked that they offered a variety of flavors of yogurt.
Our King suite was very CLEAN and beautiful. The bed was comfortable and complete with a down comforter and a variety of pillows. The view of Rapid City from our 3rd floor window was
awesome.
This hotel is located conveniently. It's right on Hwy 16, which is the same road that many tourist attractions are located.
Plenty of parking spaces. The WiFi worked very well. Quiet atmosphere. A very comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a better view of Rapid City. King suites are spacious and include a livi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had a first floor room and there was a loud constant humming noise - like that of an electrical motor. It was so loud it even went to the bed so every time I put me head on the pillow it got louder in my ear. Didn't want to change rooms at 2AM so at 8:00AM I told the front desk expecting some accountability. Instead all I heard was "sorry about that". Also the wifi was as slow as dial up so I couldn't get the work done I needed to do.
All in all - a really poor experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor rooms and listen closely to the ambient noise before you unpack.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
RapidCityComfortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
First let me start by apologizing to you that your stay was less than perfect.
If you would have brought this to our attention earlier in the evening we would have corrected the issue or moved you a more comfortable room. However I understand not wanting to change rooms at 2AM.
When you came down to the front desk the following morning and explained what you said you experienced. The front desk staff immediately apologized for your inconvenience and removed all room charges from your bill.
I understand how important a good night sleep is. So again please accept my apology.
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is about 12 years old. You wouldn't believe it because everything is in its place ,CLEAN , NEAT,and very well maintained.From the front desk persons to the house svc persons , everyone is so nice & professional.The breakfast area is very,very clean & plentiful for the guests.My wife & I swam in the cleanest pool . Even the exercise room was spot-less.Our room was too !! Check in lady Danelle thanks and please thank all employees for us M.P.J.

Room Tip: the top floor was great
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael J
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed for one night in a ground floor room. The room was updated and large. We did not hear the people above us at all but the people in the adjoining rooms were very loud, kept knocking on our door, and were overall extremely obnoxious. It didn't seem like anyone ever told them to stop.on the plus side WiFi was good. The breakfast was standard hotel continental buffet. One thing to note is the toilet flushed very loudly and if someone is a light sleeper would be woken up.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stay at this property a couple of times a year when I'm in Rapid City on business. Room and bath were both very clean. Room was large, bed was comfortable, furnishings were nice, and everything worked properly. Desk clerk was very friendly at check-in. Did not use the breakfast this trip. Only small complaint would be the bath towels are getting very thin and should be replaced. Will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank B W
South Africa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

There are very few things about this hotel that a person wouldn't like. It has a very welcoming atmosphere in the main lobby, for starters. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is similar to a Hampton Inn, but without the fruit choices typically available at a Hampton. The breakfast area is clean and spacious.
All-in-all, I would say that the only negative issues we experienced were these...
1. There was a blizzard during one of the three days we were here. The hotel couldn't help this, of course, but they did nothing to make the driveway clear of the slippery snow. The hotel sits on a hill, and after the storm when we were coming back, we tried three times to get up the hill and into their lot. I finally had to back the whole way to the intersection and try again. I barely made it, with the wheels spinning! It would be nice if they would have ploughs a bit.
2. The sink area sits outside the actual bathroom, and opposite the bed area, so if someone gets up to use the sink, the light is very bright for anyone else trying to sleep. No big problem, just a slightly annoying issue.
Otherwise, a great place to stay, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Agar, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family and I stayed here for three nights while in town for family medical issues. We arrived Tuesday night and the staff at the front desk was very helpful and quick to process the room keys. We were unsure as to how long we would need to be in town. We called to reserve our room for another night, then the final night we had already checked out assuming we were leaving. They managed to get us in the same room we had been in, on the main floor, which is really nice with three little kids. One of which puked all over the bed and once again the front desk was nothing but helpful!
Breakfast was good each morning, coffee, apple and orange juice, various yogurts, hard boiled eggs, bread, english muffins, bagels, donuts, mini muffins, sausage and scrambled eggs or omelets, three kinds of cereal, milk, waffles and fresh fruit.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
RapidCityComfortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you so much Kaicee for taking the time to write this review. We’re glad our location by the medical facilities was so convenient.
Even with your little sick one, it was our pleasure to make sure your entire family was comfortable considering your circumstances.
We are very proud of our continental breakfast and it sounds like we offered something for everyone in your family.
We hope you and your family stay with us the next time you pass through Rapid City.