“Outstanding service at an affordable price.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Sundance, Wyoming
“Outstanding service at an affordable price.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

From the time I made reservations, through the check-in and breakfast this hotel was everything you could hope for. Gracious, helpful reservation process from Courtney. When we checked in, I asked for a 1:00 late checkout. I was told, with a smile, that it would be no problem at all. The room was so very comfortable and quiet - - I slept better here than I do at home! The sick/vanity area is outside of the bathroom, so it made getting ready the next morning a breeze. We went down for an early breakfast - - they start serving at 6:00. There were continental choices and hot breakfast choices, too. Piping hot coffee. The dining room was spacious and very clean. The attendant in the dining room was very friendly. We were incredibly pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor away from the elevators. So nice and quiet!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
RapidCityComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, guest input is one of the most used tools we have when we are improving our hotel.

We are delighted to hear Courtney was so helpful in assisting you, she is one our greatest assets in guest relations and we greatly appreciate you recognizing her by name.

I am glad so many aspects of our hotel and breakfast were accommodating and constructive to a fantastic stay with us.

As always we greatly appreciate all feedback and hope you'll continue to have many more wonderful stays with Choice Hotels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This property had everything you expect in a comfort inn & suites property, but they raised the bar for the others by having gluten free options and people to help you with them for breakfast. It made our 5 day stay much better than expected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck F
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We enjoy the chain on several recent excursions and Rapid City location did not disappoint. Our stay coincided with the Sturgis Rally, so we understood what to expect. The staff at the hotel was always friendly and professional. The room and reservation was exactly as anticipated & no unpleasant surprises. Very clean room and well maintained, newer hotel inside and out. The kids enjoyed the pool which was very busy at peak times, so we went early morning mostly and had the place to ourselves. The free breakfast is always a nice way to start the day of sightseeing. Each afternoon fresh baked cookies waited for us--wow! Several fast food places nearby, as well as a Safeway.This hotel is a good choice if you're in Rapid City and a great home base if you're doing day trips in the area.

Room Tip: The Queen bed suite is great for families.
1 Thank AreweeThereyet
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We arrived here with no reservations. Clean, pleasant motel room that we were very pleased with. Breakfast in the morning was good and in a large breakfast room that was very nice. They had workers assigned to keep the breakfast food filled. Motel has laundry. Was quiet. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I arrived at the hotel after experiencing a nose bleed and the staff at the front desk were so sweet. They brought me a cold, wet washcloth and offered to have the laundry treat the stains on my white pants. After I got to the lovely room and changed, my sister-in-law took my pants to the laundry where the wonderful ladies there not only treated the stain, but washed my pants for me! They would have been ruined if I had to wait until I got home to wash them. I did not get anyone's name, but the staff really went "above and beyond" to help me out. We were only staying the night before flying out early the next morning, but the room was very nice and the beds the best we had slept in the whole trip.

durham, nc
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I just spent one night here on the last leg of a family vacation. A great hotel in a great location with an amazing staff. Steve, the manager on duty, and two of his staff helped us with a laundry issue and made us feel very welcome. Even though it was the Sturgis bike rally week, the hotel was quiet and the bed very comfortable!

Room Tip: Higher floors probably have less noise but that wasn't an issue for us even though we were on th...
Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel on a vacation to the Black Hills. We were very satisfied with the service, the room, the pool and the breakfast buffet. We were not satisfied with the group of motorcycles that were parked right in front of the hotel under the awning the entire time we were there though. Riding a motorcycle does not mean you are disabled or any less able than the rest of us to find a parking spot and walk into the hotel. They took up one of the two lanes under the awning forcing people to park in a single line to check in instead of a more handy and convenient two lanes which it appears the hotel designers intended. I think this is selfish egotistical behavior that should not be tolerated by the hotel staff. It really irritated us to have to walk around them each time we went in and out of the hotel. One other thing that made our stay less than desireable was the amount of noise you can hear while in the room. We could hear people walking in the halls and talking outside our door, in the adjoining rooms and in the room above. These people weren't being loud, they just appeared to be carring on a noise appropriate conversation.

Room Tip: Choose and upper room on the end to cut down on the noise level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family