“Great Sturgis Experience!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was my first time staying at the Americas Best Value Inn in Rapid City, SD and my first Sturgis experience. The hotel and staff were very accommodating to the "Sturgis Crowd." I can't say enough about the hotel staff and it's management, they just really went above and beyond for everyone staying at the hotel! When you stay there, they make you feel like family. If I get a second chance to go to Sturgis, I will defiantly book my stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brandon L
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Brandon L,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is an important time of the year for us, so we like to make sure everyone has a really good time. The more our guests enjoy their stay, the more we enjoy having you.

We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We vacationed in South Dakota, August 11-17. After researching many hotels/motels in the Rapid City area, we chose Americas Best Value Inn. What a great choice!! It was centrally located, with easy access to highways and all area attractions as well as restaurants! The Americas Best Value Inn was a nice clean establishment, with nice rooms that looked as if they were updated fairly recently. They offered breakfast in an area off the lobby which was clean and spacious. They had a good selection of hot and cold breakfast items. They also had free Wi-Fi, as well as 2 computers in the lobby sitting room for use in confirming and printing airline information. It is also one of the only hotels with an outdoor pool, which looked very inviting. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Upon checking in, we met Amber at the front desk, she was extremely helpful! I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Rapid City area!!

Room Tip: We had a second floor, non-smoking room. Friends had a room on the other side of the hall...both we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

DFedor,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I will pass your kind words along to our staff. It is always good to hear that their efforts don't go unnoticed.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

From the friendly, personable young ladies at the front desk at check in (including the recommendation for pizza), to the clean and very comfy room, the plentiful breakfast, the consistent Wi-Fi, and another great young man at check out, the whole experience was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013

Jonathan B.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind words along to our staff. I know they will appreciate that you enjoyed your stay as well.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Good....room was clean and furnishings were nice. Breakfast area is large and nice selection of food. Pool area was nice, since it was during bike rally they had complimentary food during the evening hours. Nice hot tub and laundry facilities. Workout room looked nice but did not use it.

The bad....we booked online 8 months out and got a great rate. After first night, we recv call from front desk telling us that we recv the wrong rate and they were raising the rates for rest of our stay, even though we had confirmation showing rate. When we went to front desk, they realized they couldn't change rate because we booked online and they seemed very disappointted they couldnt get more money out of us. I don't trust hotel staff that would try to charge us more than what was quoted online

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa A

Lisa A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, but I would also like to apologize for the confusion with the room rate and especially how it was handled on our end. I assure you that we were not trying to pull a fast one. The problem was merely an overzealous desk clerk who thought she had made a mistake and was trying to correct it.

Booking mistakes made by third party websites are (unfortunately) common. However, the problem is between us and the booking site and you should have never even been informed of that mistake, let alone asked to make up for their short comings.

I apologize that this was not handled correctly by our staff and have re-trained the reservations department how to handle these types of errors with the booking websites.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spent three nights during Sturgis Bike Rally and found hotel, staff, and location all to be great.
The breakfast and outdoor pool parties were a great touch, along with the complementary towels to wipe down the bike after a hard day of riding. I stayed in a Queen Room Pool Side which was comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thomas S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed you stay with us and we all hope to see you back here at the rally next year.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were impressed with our stay, it was very clean, the staff was very friendly. The pool was clean. A little cold, but very nice. breakfast was good! It is close to the mall, I 90 was easy to access, it has a lot of food/restaurant options within a mile or two of the place.
We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Kristi R,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I appreciate you positive comments and I have already asked maintenance to check the pool temperature and adjust the heater accordingly.

Owner

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were in RC a few weeks ago and decided to try this place. This was the first time in this brand of hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the lobby decorations..kind of a cabin feel. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was good, I like the choices with out the price, especially with kids. The pool was very nice also, a great thing to have in the heat that RC can have. Bottom line it is a great place at a great price with the amenities that I was looking for. I liked the location as it had several choices of restaurants nearby

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Shawn L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you "liked it". I hope now that you've had a chance to check us out, you will consider Americas Best Value Inn a little more often. You might be surprised.

But I do recommend that no matter what brand you choose, you always check TripAdvisor first for an honest opinion.

Owner