“Great!!! We will be back.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Clear Lake, South Dakota
“Great!!! We will be back.”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We felt welcome and well cared for from the moment we checked in until we checked out. Room was neat and very clean, beds very comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Next time we visit Rapid City we will stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank WBSR
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
WBSR,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rapid City.

Eric Seljeskog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Waseca, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel is okay on most accounts. Some at the front desk are very helpful & professional, and others are just "there", and apparently aren't very thrilled about it. The room was pretty standard, and other than the fridge, was pretty quiet, and certainly clean enough. The bed was comfortable. The wireless was nonexistant. I traveled for business all week, and had no problems at the hotels before & after this, so it was definitely at the hotels end. My cellphone couldn't access the wifi either. The hotel was apparently unable to do much to fix this. I also had a couple of 1-sheet forms I had to print, but the lobby computers don't recognize or open ".doc" (MS Word) files, as they don't even have MS office on them. Pretty odd, even for a low-end place like this...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NoDakker
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
NoDakker,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate your feedback. First, I must completely own the WiFi issue that you experienced. We were experiencing problems with our WiFi for several days. Everytime we thought we had the problem fixed another problem would pop up. We had the computer guy in every day until it was finally fixed. I completely understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you and several of our other guests.

Second, we do have MS Office (Word, Excel, etc) installed in the business center. I have used your comment as an opportunity to make sure all of the MS Office programs are installed and running properly. I have also moved the shortcut icons to the top of the desktop so they are more easily accessible.

Finally, I will use your review as a jumping off point at our next staff meeting this week, to reinforce the value of exceptional customer service and remind everyone of ALL of the features of our hotel (including the programs we have available on the business center computers).

I truly regret that your stay with us was not an exceptional one. Our goal is 100% satisfaction for every guest. If you make it back to the Rapid City area I hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves.

Sincerly,

Saint Onge, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Last minute reservation due to a cancelled flight, and was amazed at the value for the money. We rented two rooms, and each was less than $60 including taxes and fees. The rooms were very clean, included a small table and chairs, as well as adequate walking space around the beds. This hotel has several smoking/dog friendly rooms, which was appreciated by one of us, and they are divided from the other rooms by being at the end of an upstairs hall with big doors in the hallway to prevent seepage of any odors. The rooms were wireless with no fees, and there was also computer stations and printers available in the lobby. The only negative is that the only ice machine available in the winter is near the lobby. Overall, very happy with this motel.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the north side to eliminate interstate noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathryn K
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Kathryn K,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I truly appreciate your kind words and hope to see yo again if your travels should bring you back to Rapid City.

Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 107 on Saturday January 4, 2014 and paid 70.34 after taxes with AAA discount. The room was pretty quiet. I would have preferred a pillow top mattress as the bed was a little hard but I fell asleep pretty soundly for me! They have a business center, pool, whirlpool and breakfast. Staff very friendly. I would have given 5 stars except the water in shower didn't get hot enough for me and I had it turned up as hot as I could. Breakfast was typical high carb options. They had oatmeal but no raisins just cinnamon and sugar for it. The whirlpool was in a separate room which was nice for more privacy but if you have kids with you maybe not so good. I never checked the pool so don't know if there was one there or not or the temp of water. Good value for the money though. I would stay here again. There is a Chillis and an Applebee's nearby as well as the mall.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AliceDilts,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that the shower didn't get hot enough for you. We will have maintenance check that room right away. However, for future reference, the problem is most likely with the "scald guard".

Because hotels and restaurants run their water hotter than most people (for laundry and dish washing purposes) many state and city regulations require a scald guard. This device essentially shuts off the hot water when you turn it to full hot.

If you ever encounter that problem again (at any hotel), try turning the handle back off of full hot just a little bit. In most cases turning the handle back to 85 or 90% hot water will usually fix this problem.

Thanks for the raisin idea. Raisins and oatmeal just makes sense. I will talk to the breakfast crew about that right away.

Sorry again about the shower. Safe travels, and we hope to see you again.
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great place to stay. Staff extremely accommodating, room clean and comfortable (executive room), and very nice breakfast bar. Have stayed here before and will stay here again. Already booked 2 stays in December. Would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Join the Value Club!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Ann J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your continued business and loyalty. If there is ever any thing we can do to make your stay even more pleasant. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Mogi das Cruzes, SP
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I had booked this hotel for three nights, from October 1st to 4th. We were on vacation and this was the last city and after we would come back to Brazil. But we were catched by a snow storm. And during the storm there were no lights and we could'n get out the hotel, because the blizzard lasted more that 24 hours nonstop. The hotel staff surprised me with the effort they did to provide food for all the guests in the hotel, there was a big group from Kentucky and some truck drivers. I have never been in a situation like that and all I have to say is thank you very very much for all they did. All the time there were someone from the crew to give attention, they are very pleasant. When we checked out I asked about the costs with the food and How much we had to pay and the hotel did not cash in, I by myself left an amount as a gift. Besides this situation the hotel is clean, the breakfast is very good, it is near some restaurants as Red lobster, olive Gardens. I do recommend this hotel an if I have to comerback to Rapid City I do book it again

Room Tip: Como o hotel não tem elevador, o primeiro andar e melhor, especialmente se tiver muita bagagem para...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Karen K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your kind words, especially after such a difficult time for all of us during the blizzard. Our entire staff will be so glad to hear that you and your husband finally made it home safely.

P.S.
We do have an elevator. However, I understand that you didn't notice since we had it closed and it was very dark during the power outage from the blizzard.
Nathrop, Colorado
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this motel. Very reasonable price, nice clean room, friendly staff and not great, but adequate breakfast. The Wi-Fi was very good. The only drawback was that the access and egress was a little dicey at rush hour. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Joans8849,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.