Big Sky Lodge
US$57
US$54
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$43
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
US$41
US$37
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$55
US$50
US$77
US$75
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$34
All reviewshot tuboverlooking rapid cityskyline driveblack hillspicnic areacontinental breakfastwasher and dryergreat view of the cityroom was cleanchain hotelslaundry facilitiesplace to staymt rushmorequiet locationhard boiled eggscrazy horsewind cave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

top notch owners, friendly, helpful, laundry on site, motorcycle wash, hot tub, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a view to die for! they cater to motorcycles. The breakfast was so cute and delightful. We were there pre-Sturgis for a vacation all over the west. close to all the sights we wanted to see… Sturgis, Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Needles Highway, Custer State Park. Then we came back for second night before heading out for Red Lodge MT and 4500k miles total

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the east.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I question if I was really at the hotel reviewed here...But I checked, and yes, it's the same one. My experience was a bit different. First, let me say that we are very accustomed to rustic and/or budget hotels. I really wanted, and expected to find this place charming.

Upon check-in someone (who I believe was a member of housekeeping) checked me in and informed me "we don't have you in a dog room" and I pointed out that right on the card she had with the reservation it was written "2-people and dog." She again muttered about it not being a dog room, and informed me I owed another $10 for the dog. Ok, fine.

The room had several issues: First, it reeked of cheep deodorizer. The whole place was STICKY. I'm not sure why, but the desk/counter top, the arms of the chairs, and even the old carpet was sticky. The bathroom is beyond old & outdated. The ancient shower head came up to my chin (I'm 5'6").

The sheets were crisp and clean, thankfully, the mattress decent, and the view of the city lights is lovely. Know, however, that the hotel sits right above the highway.

We would not return here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SeaSally
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this place! The room was very spacious and had really nice upgrades. Bed was comfy, shower was really nice. The view overlooking the City was grand. The breakfast was great, too! Very friendly people. Jay, the owner lives right next to the lodge, and it seems as though they keep up the entire place as their own home. Very well-kept and maintained. Definitely coming again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Krissy L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Awesome place, kind and very helpful owners. Very clean, good generous breakfast. The view can't be beaten. It is so close to downtown, but feels like miles away. We were received so warmly with our dog. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms with view are less quiet Rooms without view are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our room was small...so what. It was nicely decorated, our beds were extra firm and very comfortable. The place was very quiet. I appreciated that. I took my breakfast and coffee outside and enjoyed the awesome view. The continental breakfast had a large variety. The coffee was very good. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The motel was situated in a great location for visiting the small towns and the Badllands. I didn't need to use the laundry facilities this trip but sometimes I do. It was nice that that was available. If I visit the Black Hills again, I will definetely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the grill area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family