“Vacation”

and 1 more site!
Big Sky Lodge
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice people. Clean rooms really enjoyed our stay at the blue sky Lodge had a good time clean rooms friendly people very comfortable beds we would stay here in Rapid City we would recommend this place to family and friends also she gave us some information of how to go down with the presidents on mainstream give us directions very nice lady South Dakota another time love the place

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had booked 3 rooms in advance (Jan. 2014) for Sturgis Bike Week which is in August.
We scheduled to stay Monday thru Friday.
On our way out to S.D. (we live in Maryland) we decided to stay a few more days. We called the owner and he extended our stay at the special rate he promised us. He could have got almost double the rate !! The owners and staff are VERY professional and friendly. They hosted a cookout and even came out at 2:30 am when I had forgotten my key one evening. Great people - Great place and biker friendly!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have a million dollor view !!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent, friendly staff. Recently remodeled Clean Rooms, Comfortable Beds and pleasant décor. Coffee maker, microwave and small fridge in the room which were all clean and in good working order. Clean bathroom with plenty of towels. Picnic tables, grills, and a hot tub outside with a beautiful view of the City. Complimentary breakfast is served in a nice dining area. There is a computer and laundry facilities near the front office. Exterior entrance to rooms and plenty of parking. We were there for the Sturgis Rally and all went well. The location is very convenient with easy access to Mount Rushmore and many other attractions. We plan to stay there the next time we visit Rapid City.

Room Tip: We suggest getting a room on the side with a view of Rapid City.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milo O
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place in conveniently located just south of Rapid City. The view is lovely, if a bit marred by the noisy traffic below. Our well-worn room was large and comfortable and included a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The soaps, etc. were tiny. The breakfast was pedestrian, but an easy way to start the day. The man in charge could not have been more helpful. He helped us plan our 3-day stay, showing us all the main attractions on a map. It was good for the price. (The cleaning person left our door ajar, one day, which was not good.)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The owners and other staff were always friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and well kept, and the daytime and night time views are a real bonus. The lodge was full because we were there during Sturgis Bike Week, no problem, staff still had everything running good. All this, and the prices are reasonable, we will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is an older hotel, but it is well-kept and rooms are not tiny. The view over the town is fantastic and the price is very reasonable. Good breakfast area and offerings, especially at this price. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east have good view of town, west doesn't, but they have chairs outside for those w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It is August 3rd 2014 as I write the review. I wanted to wait to write this review to ensure I still felt the same after being back home for a couple months. I stayed at Big Sky Lodge from June 7 to June 21, 2014. Yes, two full weeks. I feel that I can provide an honest review after spending this much time at Big Sky Lodge. If I were to experience unpleasant surprises - I believe I would have within a two week stay. But no, nothing but a great experience!

I chose this motel because of its great location to use as a base camp for my annual fly fishing trek. The parking lot is huge with wide space - allowing you to parking right in front of your room. This is important for me because I can back my truck up to the room and prepare my equipment each day - right outside my room. There is not a second floor - so no one is above you thumping around in the middle of the night.

When I arrived late afternoon on June 7, Jay, the owner greeted me in the office and immediately treated me like a guest in his home. He checked me in and pointed out the important amenities: dining room, laundry, ice maker, hot tub, etc.They also serve a complimentary [continental] breakfast. Not you typical continental breakfast. They serve fresh fruit, fresh baked pastries, large bagels, cream cheese, cereals and other goodies. Here's the important part - great coffee!

They have a computer so that you can check the weather and your email daily if you are so inclined. I like quite, I like clean and comfortable; and I like things in good working condition. My bed was comfortable, nice mini-frig, clean microwave. Bathroom is clean and in good order. Great air conditioning!

They have a very nice, weed-free lawn where the kids can run around. Ans what I would consider the best view of any motel in the area. No kiddin' . . . the best!

Jay and his his wife are great hosts. They care about your stay and work very hard to ensure you are comfortable. Everything is in very good condition and clean. You always have plenty of towels, soap, etc. The entire staff is great! They are friendly and very helpful. Superior service!

I go on my fly fishing trip every year for the past 12 years now and I can say this is the best place I have stayed (Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, South Dakota). My only regret is that I did not find this motel sooner.

Steve Davidson